Aqualisa old unit

I think it's green ring for an Unvented.

You had better identify the model number of yours because I think older mixers do not fit the same cartridge.

Their Parts dept seem quite helpful, though.

Sponsored Links
There £125. It might be just as easy to put a new shower in ‍♂️

post back when you know. I may have a NOS Aqualisa round-knob mixer on the shelf for half price.

Sponsored Links
When you have an unvented Cylinder installed , the cold for your shower needs to come from the balanced cold feed at the control group on the UHWC, if this hasnt been done that could be your problem

Cartridge removed dont look good to see what u guys think?
20200204_204106.jpg
20200204_204113.jpg
20200204_204124.jpg

Well it's thermostatic, black ring, and looks clogged with rusty scale. Are you in a hard water area? I don't know where so much rust came from.

If you have a pack of kettle descaler you could soak it overnight but really you need new.

I'll look on my shelf tomorrow.

But now i have a unvetted system will i need the green one? Because before it was a gravity feed system.

see note below

glad you got it sorted.

Last edited:
Hi johnd thanks so much for taking the photos & explaining everything. I took your advice & went & got a cartridge today. Took me about 10mins to put in. & bingo fully working shower. Cant thank you again & the other people who contributed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back