Aqualisa Quartz shower hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the following problem with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5kw shower. It was working as expected until approx June 2018 (when the weather became hotter, possibly connected to the problem)

• when turning on the shower, no hot water comes out until the dial is turned to full hot (3 o'clock). The, the pump becomes very loud and the water becomes very hot.
  • when turning the dial back to a colder temperature, the water gets cooler and goes to the correct temperature.
  • hot water also comes out when the shower is turned on and the dial is not set to full hot, and the shower hose and head are lowered.
  • Once the head is lowered hot water begins to come out with the dial set to the normal position for a hot shower (1 o'clock)

I have carried out the test for an airlock and there were no issues and descaled the hose and head.

I live in an apartment and the water pressure in my apartment is set to full with no other water pressure issues.

Could anyone suggest any reason why this is happening and if it sounds like the unit is faulty?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Did not follow your post. If you start the shower by pressing start button ,with dial set to usual position ( i.e the position that it was in the last time it was used ,and giving you the desired showering temperature ) ,and the shower head mounted on the riser rail ,do you get water flowing from the shower head ,but not hot enough ?? And if you leave it flowing for a minute ,still does not get hot ?

Yes that's correct, the water just flows cold and when leaving it for a minute, and more, it doesn't run hot. It's only when I turn it to maximum heat that it will begin to run hot (almost boiling) with the pump becoming very loud. Then when I turn it to the usual position it gets cooler, to a normal heat.

The other way hot water comes out is if I have the dial in the usual position, turn it on, take the head off the ounts and hang it low down. Then, hot water (not boining) comes out after a few seconds.

Does it sound like an issue with the pressure to you, Terry?

Many thanks!

Firstly your shower does not have a pump and the " loud noise " is a bit of a concern to me as all you should really hear is a hissing sound as the cold water runs thru the shower ,picks up heat as it passes thru the heating cannister and comes out the shower head. You could try fitting a new shower head ,they are quite cheap ,as yours appears to be restrictive. If there is no change then the shower itself would be suspect and i would replace it with the identical model as that would be a simple swap. Be aware that changing from one model or make is very often problematic as the electric cable and water entry positions vary considerably and dont line up.

Sponsored Links
ok, so i guess it's the heating canister that's making the noise. I'll give a new head a go and hopefully it can be replaced by Aqualisa if faulty. Thanks for your help, Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back