Aquapanel as register plate??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been looking for supalux/masterboard or something similar to make a register plate for my stove, but it seems to be like rocking horse excrement around here.
I came across someone using cement fibre board used for roofing but cant find this either. A bit more research and I happened across Aquapanel (cement board for lining showers etc), which seems to be non combustible, and fire retardent for 2 hours.
Would this be suitable for a register plate? (Please someone say yes, they've got some in B and Q)

Thanks
M

Sponsored Links
It is the plate that takes the flue from the stove into the chimney flue, normally made from mild steel.

Aye, thats the thing.
Supalux and masterboard are also popular materials as they are obviously easier to cut and shape than steel.
I believe anything fireproof will do the job which is why I was hoping to find someone who had used aquapanel or knew if it was safe to use.

Sponsored Links
Check with your local Building Control. Section J just states that a fire proof material such as masterboard or galvanised mild steel should be used. Someone might have used another material without it conforming to the Regs.

How about pink firesheild plasterboard? They also sell this in B&Q. I don't know the full technical specs of the board but probably better than Aquapanel for your situation.

Plasterboard ! dont use it! a dangerous suggestion here so heres a safe one , if you dont know what you are on about keep your dangerous suggestions to yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back