Arada Farringdon Stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else experiences smoke coming back into the room on refuelling an Arada stove?

We have had the stove 18months and not been able to use it due to smoking back issues.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
And you haven't queried this with the installers before now? I don't imagine your HETAS approved installation was cheap.

From the users instructions (quick google)

"To avoid (smoke entering room while refuelling) always open the air supply control to maximum for a few moments prior to opening the fire door to refuel.This will allow time for sufficient heat to build up within the firebox to clear and smoke still present in the lower portion of the flue/connector pipe."

Any good?

Yes, we have tried everything and we are in discussions. I am trying to understand if we are a one off or if other owners have experienced the same issue.

You could be suffering downdraught in the chimney due to a poor terminal location

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it is a new isokern chimney and the pull on it has been checked and is very good

Try opening a window just before you open the fire door to see if that helps, you dont have an extractor fan working do you?

No extractor running. Not sure why we should need to open a window when the whole reason for having a log burner is to warm the room up!

Light fire
Let fire get to the stage where it needs refuelling
Open a window in the room with the fire
Follow fire instructions for refuelling
Report back whether it still smokes back or not

First thing to establish is, is the register plate fitted correctly, has anything fallen down and are there any restrictions in the flue or cowl too close at the terminal ..any bird guard thats clogged got a pic of stove and flue pipe

Thanks, there are no blockages, no issues with the chimney, etc. I believe it to be an issue with the stove as the baffle is too restrictive to allow the smoke to escape upwards especially when there is a bigger opening, in my case the door. I was hoping that there might have been Arada owners or installers who are experiencing and solved the same problem.

9F14608D-F689-4BC2-B688-18E28C4ACE20.jpeg Sorry, It was the baffle I meant not the register plate, Some stoves I guess to improve efficiency have wings on top of the baffle plate that can be removed if smoke comes through the door, is there anything like that on yours

Last edited:
Sport nothing like that only a very small gap for the smoke to have to pass through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back