Araldite, new product with 'mixing tubes'

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have used Araldite two-part glues for many years, but I'd value advice about the use of the two new 'mixing tubes', which came with today's product.

Having dispensed the required amount of glue (which I assume is automatically mixed by the tube), should I then dispose of the mixing tube? If both parts of the glue have been mixed in the tube, won't they have begun to harden and the tube then be blocked, and need disposing of? I suppose that if such is the case, after both mixing tubes have been used once, further use of the glue would be done by mixing the two parts as we did before, having poured some from the syringes on to a surface. Have I misunderstood anything? Thanks for any clarification.

I did post this question on Araldite's customer advice web page, but no response as yet.

Sponsored Links
Mixing tube is disposable
Thanks for that. I had assumed such as, once filled with the two components which have combined, it would not be reusable.
I can see the advantage of the automatic mixing of the two components, and would find it beneficial if replacement mixing tubes were available. I have asked the manufacturer, but had no response as yet.

They are available, usually either round or square nozzle.

Araldite structural 2000+ certainly has nozzles at distributors.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't the mixing nozzle potentially lead to a lot product wastage if you only plan to use a small amount. That said, given that they are 1 to 1 ratio products, I guess you don't have to use the nozzle if you don't want to.

They only hold about 2ml so not really; worth it to get a consistent mix with most of these cartridges.

Thanks for the subsequent replies. Yes, I can see the advantage of effective mixing with such a small inevitable loss.
I haven't actually used the Araldite yet - it is just that my last tubes had run out, and I wanted to have some more for the next time.
I shall try the mixing tubes when I next need to glue something then, hopefully, find that they are very beneficial for mixing and then look to obtain more.

Having a dispensing gun is also way easier than plunger

They only hold about 2ml so not really; worth it to get a consistent mix with most of these cartridges.

Ok, thanks.

Funnily enough, I last mixed some about 3 weeks ago. The mixing board that I mixed it on is still tacky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back