Architects plans done, plans approved by council. Next step?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I understand that I need to do something with regards to building regulations. I have the building regulations documents from the same architect who produced the plans and understand these need to be submitted but when and by whom? What are my next choices and steps?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Has your Architect done one or doesn't he know or hasn't he advised you?

The b/regs plans need to be submitted for approval - you can't start until the plans have been registered for 48 hours, but you may not want to start until the plans have been approved. You can submit these but your Architect should do as he will deal with the queries.

In the meantime, you should invite builders round to look at the site and give them copies of the b/regs plans to quote you.

Have you got any build over agreement in place with the water company?
Have you got any Party Wall Agreement in place with the neighbours?
Have you got any structural calculations for beams, timbers or ground/foundation design from a structural engineer?
Have you been advised about CDM regulations - has your Architect accepted the role of Principle Designer?

Thanks, actually the old git is well sought after and though he started off well with me is now impossible to get hold of. That's why I'm here.

"The b/regs plans need to be submitted for approval"

So would be best for architect to submit these and not a builder?

Your questions:
  • Yes
  • Working on it
  • Yes, lots of them from the architect as part of the b/regs documentation
  • Not sure

Sponsored Links
So would be best for architect to submit these and not a builder?
Doesn't really matter legally, although its best for B Control to deal with the Architect if they require any further info/amendments following submission

Has your Architect done one or doesn't he know or hasn't he advised you?

The b/regs plans need to be submitted for approval - you can't start until the plans have been registered for 48 hours, but you may not want to start until the plans have been approved. You can submit these but your Architect should do as he will deal with the queries.

In the meantime, you should invite builders round to look at the site and give them copies of the b/regs plans to quote you.

Have you got any build over agreement in place with the water company?
Have you got any Party Wall Agreement in place with the neighbours?
Have you got any structural calculations for beams, timbers or ground/foundation design from a structural engineer?
Have you been advised about CDM regulations - has your Architect accepted the role of Principle Designer?

I would post your plans on here as if they don't contain much detail the builder will pick them apart and charge you for every extra

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back