Architrave in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not really sure where this goes... will try here first.

Going to be sticking some new architrave on the inside of my new bathroom this weekend, and am not sure how to 'finish' it up to the tiling in terms of filler/sealant/caulk etc.

I plan to put it as close as it will go, while still keeping it straight... so i am expecting a small-ish gap.. 1-2mm between the architrave, and the tile edge. Should i caulk this, or use sealant? - I am thinking sealant at the moment.

However, the tiles are only half height on one side... if that batters matters i guess?

The same question for the floor really.. this is also tiled... i am considering using sealant because obviously i don't want the architrave to draw up water if there is a spillage on the floor.. but is this 'normal'?? will it look 'odd' ?

Thanks,

Chris.

Sponsored Links
Should just be able to grout it, [at door]though if there is movement you can always go over it later with a bead of sealant. I like to seal the floor edges just in case of leaks.

Should just be able to grout it, [at door]though if there is movement you can always go over it later with a bead of sealant. I like to seal the floor edges just in case of leaks.
makes sense..

will grout, then probs seal it up too just to be belt and braces :D

cheers for the confirmation of the floor join.. glad i'm not going mad.

chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back