Are ALL yorkshire fittings lead free?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm new to this forum. I'm currently studying/training to become a plumber and have a question which i was hoping someone could help me with.

I have been given a gift of yorkshire fittigns by a friend who was clearing out his old old tool shed.

I'm not sure if these are safe to use on potable water as i'm not sure if they are lead free. I assumed all yorkshire fittings were lead free, but have just been reading online and am lead to beleive, by peglar, that they are not all lead free.

Does anyone here know any more on this?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've always assumed/been told , that proper yorkshire fittings are all potable :confused:

Sponsored Links
lead free have a funny squiggle stamped on them.

I refuse to pay the premium for Yorkshire fittings, probably because I'm a tight git! :LOL: If its not an end feed you're cheating... ;)

But on topic I also thought they are all potable fittings.

not if they are endex and its a saturday afternoon :LOL: :LOL:

if its sat afternoon and all you have is endex and leaded solder then thats what goes in :eek:

yeah all solder ring are potable ;)

neds said:
I refuse to pay the premium for Yorkshire fittings, probably because I'm a tight git! icon_lol.gif If its not an end feed you're cheating... icon_wink.gif

i agree :LOL:

Not all YS fitting were lead free, in fact not that long ago None were :eek:

Lead free fitting have a mark on them.

Like it makes the slightest bit of difference being LF or not.

There are millions of us going round that have had leaded fittings for years & we are not all mad.

With a few exceptions, RF, BAS, Joe etc :D :D

Like it makes the slightest bit of difference being LF or not.

There are millions of us going round that have had leaded fittings for years & we are not all mad.

With a few exceptions, RF, BAS, Joe etc :D :D

makes even more of a joke of it when you consider a lot of water services are still lead :LOL:

SURVEY TIME.
Who actually uses lead free solder.
I dont unless its the only stuff left or is aquired for free

Be careful!

The Yorkshire were leaded until not that long ago. So old fittings may well be lead!

A heating firm was fined about £12,000 after they used just one rogue fitting and the parents claimed that their baby became ill as a result and sued the plumbing firm.

Of course we all know that one leaded joint will not cause than when 50% of properties in London have about 5m of lead pipes supplying their water and no one does or becomes ill as a result.

Long term exposure to lead can cause a loss of memory. There was something else I was going to say but I have forgotten it.

Tony

I always use lead free solder on domestic pipe work and leaded for ch and gas pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back