Are any crimp spade connectors ok with 240v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At bit more info, a couple of the ends of a cooker connections to an element, the wire has got crispy over time and needs cutting back and a new 6.3mm female spade crimping on - exactly as what is there now. But the only non insulated ones I can find all mention 12v auto fittings, will these be ok or is there 240v ones out there somewhere

Sponsored Links
Search for "oven spade connectors".

Example: they are 'F type open barrel connectors' and heatproof.

upload_2021-12-20_1-28-53.png

https://catersparesuk.co.uk/product...ess-steel-electrical-push-on-spade-terminals/

Ideally they require a suitable crimper, but I suppose it depends how fussy you want to be.

the ones linked to say up to 2.5mm cable. what size are the cables you are repairing? RS used to do a dedicated crimper for that style of terminal.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone, yes they are the ones at carerspares - shame they are out of stock :(
I do have a crimper although not a double one to do both tags at the same time, its within a CK auto wir stripper.

Size wise the wire is about 1.0mm I would guess - maybe even 0.75

Doing a google I am struggling to find any - at least in small packs of 10 - ish but I have found the piggy back ones on cateringsupplies ebay page. I don't see anything wrong in cutting off the piggy back part. Does anyone else ? this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132359708261?hash=item1ed140de65:g:WdIAAOSwFqNZP8fk

Would be a good option for me actually because I think I could do with replacing one that has two wires although at the minute it is done via two wires into one bigger crimp.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I dont see any problem cutting off the piggy back spade. These are the RS crimps meant to be used for that style of connector20211220_085510.jpg 20211220_085523.jpg as you can see the crimping bit is designed to curve and fold the wings round the cable.
The caterspares one seem good as they are stainless. I dont think I have ever seen stainless connectors that style before

Thanks everyone, yes they are the ones at carerspares - shame they are out of stock :(
I do have a crimper although not a double one to do both tags at the same time, its within a CK auto wir stripper.

Size wise the wire is about 1.0mm I would guess - maybe even 0.75

you dont have to do both tags at the same time, just do the cable crimp then do the sleeve crimp (its what I do !)

The ebay piggyback ones in my link do not seem to be stainless steel.

I figured that I didn't need to do both tags at the same time but when you say you do cable then sleeve, which is which ? is the cable one the narrower one that nips the insulation. My strippers with non insulated crimp are about as thick as the narrow tag, so the wider one I will do in sections IMG_20211220_133703847.jpg IMG_20211220_133715555.jpg

if you get stuck with connector supply I could pop half a dozen in the post (not stainless though) Mind you with the post now it could take ages.
or e-bay is your friend

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193115166878?var=493302449646
That's a very kind offer of you. I think I may go for those catering supplies piggy back ones on ebay as they state 300 degrees for use on high temperture.
I have that one on ebay that you linked in my watch list but it was one of many that prompted me to question if ones for an oven should be rated hight temp as that one is sold by a scooter repairs so 12v.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Have you tried driving to your nearest car factors/garage/motor spares/halfords etc??
These can usually be found hanging on a display.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back