Are boiler fitters inundated with work?

I do understand where the op is coming from with this one,
I hear the same things from loads of potential customers:
1, I've called over a dozen people to date and only 2 have replied
2, He/they never called round to quote as agreed.
3 He/they called round but have never sent me a quote.

I've always found this type of attitude to work strange, some are just rude and lack of manners others just plain daft!

Sponsored Links
have to agree with the op.only last week a customer was waiting for quotes, and got fed up.we were round there on time and had the quote sent off 2 days later.just for that alone we got the job.i too also find customers complaining that most dont even bother show up etc.it doesnt bother my boss one bit when he does get time wasters.in the end its proffesional to at least return a phone call or show up for an appointment.p.s as for DIYsasters post, you dindnt see the 9 grand install BG did,i come across. plastic,and shocking.

You mentioned BG, but if you want the least amount of hassle, why not? Sure they are not the cheapest, but if you want the reliability, comebacks, infrastrucure to deal with the job, decent engineers and someone to answer the phone to you, i'm afraid you will have to pay for it!

Thats fricking hilarious, are you talking about the same BG i used to work for??? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I don't know you but the most likely thing that is keeping them away is YOU.

not trying to have a dig at you but most installers will try to keep away from problem customers.

it could be the area you live or the way to are talking to them or any number of things.

I have no doubt you will feel differently.

Well that utter b*****x im afraid i have merely left my details on answer machines saying that i am interested in getting a new boiler/system in a polite way.How that makes me a problem who knows

Where I live houses change hands for between £450-500k so its not exactly helmand province

you make out as if gas fitters are little delicate flowers!

if the work is not wanted or needed WHY advertise on websites and in newspapers?

Surely all those personal referrals are enough?

And all I am ASKING for is a reponse NOT to do the job tomorrow I am well aware that you can not expect the job to be done immediately not evevn bg can do that

where i live they tend to be the worst to work for, norm got a chip on there shoulder and think they are royalty :LOL:

not trying to have a dig at you but most installers will try to keep away from problem customers.

it could be the area you live or the way to are talking to them or any number of things.

Well that utter b*****x im afraid i have merely left my details on answer machines saying that i am interested in getting a new boiler/system in a polite way.How that makes me a problem who knows

Where I live houses change hands for between £450-500k so its not exactly helmand province

if the work is not wanted or needed WHY advertise on websites and in newspapers?

And all I am ASKING for is a reponse NOT to do the job tomorrow I am well aware that you can not expect the job to be done immediately not evevn bg can do that

where i live they tend to be the worst to work for, norm got a chip on there shoulder and think they are royalty :LOL:

Yes, but I don't suppose that there can be any houses worth £500K in Sheffield! ;)

Aint that the truth
Shiny new brick (normally) = No Cuppa
Shiny new brick (normally) = Im paying so i know better than you
Shiny new brick (normally) = stuck so far up own arse, that i love explaining that its against health and safety for me to take my boots of on there lovely cream carpets and yes i do only carry the 2 dustsheets as we dont normally work in such lovely big houses.
Shiny new brick = other day there brother got Gas Safe out to one of my installs as he knew it had been done wrong, he was after all a brittish gas ground worker so knows all about new installs.

//www.diynot.com/network/nogoodatfaultfinding/albums/

But whats wrong with that?
Guess what the GS guy said, nothing and that its one of the best installs hes seen in a while and to stop wasting his time and stressing me out unnecaserily.
Ps flue etc was installed when he came.

Yes, but I don't suppose that there can be any houses worth £500K in Sheffield! ;)

:LOL: na then

:LOL: na then

You forgot the Duck part :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back