Are builders and tradesman snowed under at the moment?

T

teaboyjim

I'm getting feedback that tradesman/builders are unusually busy with some having half a years work booked up ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Never seen so many extensions/conversions going on round here, think it’s the whole stay at home and improve the home thing

Yeah, a friend mentioned the other day that getting a skip was a nightmare, so many skips are out at the moment.
And my plumber has told me he can't get round for a while, too busy.
And my plasterer didn't even reply!

How do you find tradesman and builders when you need to get something done quickly?

How do you find tradesman and builders when you need to get something done quickly?

I've never found a tradesman that can ever do emergencies.

3 weeks before Xmas, my boilers losing water every time it's on it coming from the seals inside. Get told they can't come and have a look until mid January, had this with 5 different people.

Tipped the Botox and went down plumb city bought the o rings and done it myself.

My boiler install I had to book 8 weeks in advance.

From what I see and hear it's even worse at the minute.

How on earth is anybody ever going to get anything done within a certain amount of time

Luck.

I know a handyman who works for the council but leaves early, so does jobs in the afternoon. Very handy.
Got a good sparky who is young and keen, and starting out, he's great, pops round early evening sometimes to do small jobs.

But as mentioned, plumber and plasterer both busy. But, did contact a plumber through Facebook today who was recommended on a local group, and he is popping in tomorrow to quote on the next job. Hopefully he is available too.

So get on Facebook and join some local groups. Ignore all the madness about crime and immigrants, and ask for trade recommendations and look for ones from actual customers.

Luck. So get on Facebook and join some local groups. Ignore all the madness about crime and immigrants, and ask for trade recommendations and look for ones from actual customers.
Is there quite a lot of content on this subject then Django?

what do you mean? local groups can get a bit weird if the wrong people run them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back