Are builders and tradesman snowed under at the moment?

Is there quite a lot of content on this subject then Django?

On Facebook there is usually a page for your local area,

For example silver end has a local page where all the old people go and whinge about the youths, but also on there if someone were to ask for recommendations for a roofer, you will get half a dozen names thrown at yous who have done work for them and they feel have done a good job.

Sponsored Links
...and facebook’s got nothing on nextdoor.com (a local version of Facebook for the neighbourhood keyboard warriors), literally most posts are about trades recommendations. Mostly smaller jobs tho

Sponsored Links
...and facebook’s got nothing on nextdoor.com (a local version of Facebook for the neighbourhood keyboard warriors), literally most posts are about trades recommendations. Mostly smaller jobs tho
Thanks for that 23vc, I'll give that a look

Last edited by a moderator:
You're booked up the entire year noseall???
Yes, looking that way. I had a bit of wriggle room but that has disappeared owing to a months worth of extras landing the last few days. I'm currently building a curvy 225mm thick garden planter with 215 bricks per course. There are 9 courses and every brick has to be laid, levelled and plumbed. I managed about 400 today.

The other job was take down a stud wall and make good. Turned out to be a block supporting wall and they want the beam hidden between the joists.

boom - all my spare time gone. We have three big projects booked in.

I think that's where I found my sparky actually

I'll take that as a compliment!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I wasn't joking.

Let alone you starting so many threads and then bumping as many threads a long as possible.

Just saying.

Andy

New plumber, found on Facebook local group, seems good. Nice chap, trustworthy sort of guy, logo on the van, said he worked for BG for 20 years, does everything in copper - just the ticket! Not as cheap as my usual guy, but still not a bad price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back