Are Creda and Dimplex night storage elements compatable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Suppose what I need to say is in the title. I have some Dimplex stotage rads and want to know whether the elements for those will fit a Creda storage heater ?? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Many parts are - they are from the same factory. Glen also. Depends on the part though.

Its VERY unusual for the element to go.
Usually there are 2 or 3 elements in a rad, have they all gone?
Have you tried swopping them around?
Have you done a resistance test on the suspect one(s)?
Have you tried swopping them for the element in the other radiator (I assume this is a follow on from your other post //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=161626 )

Sponsored Links
Yes - it does kinda follow on from my other thread about the storage heater not working. I resolved that problem - the fault lay with the consumer unit, luckily the cu is a 4 way and as I only have 2 storage rads only two were used. I merely changed the position of the fuses and connectors and wired up to the two redundant positions and BINGO, in the morning both rads were functioning.

The rad that had not been working wasn't very hot - and by doing a continuity test on the 4 elements I discovered that the central two did not have continuity, hence they were burnt out.

I have a couple of spare elements to fit a Dimplex and merely wondered whether they would fit the Creda heaters I have at my rented out house.

I do have storage heaters in my own house (have used them for 25 years) and I can confirm that occasionally they do fail (burn out) - you usually recognise the signs by the smell !!.

Thanks

Yep, the elements do fail now and again.

It was quite a regular thing for me when I was doing breakdown repairs in rented properties.

Providing the new elements are the same physical size (or VERY close), and are the same voltage and power rating then I can't see a problem.

The most important think to check is that the new elements are definatly the same wattage as the old ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back