Are my plans within any regulations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to install a Chimney Cooker Hood Extractor.

There is already a pipe that runs up through the loft and out of the roof for the bathroom extractor. This is situated only about 70cm from where any ducting will come out into the loft from the Chimney Hood.

Therefore, it would be nice and simple if I joined them together in the loft. From what I've learnt in my other thread, I'd need to include back draught shutters. Also, I'd simply like to use some flexible aluminium ducting from Wickes to accomplish this with the necessary connectors.

Is this feasible and legal?

Thank you and hope you can help me.

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about sharing a vent with another extractor from a different room?

Are you talking about sharing a vent with another extractor from a different room?

Yes, I wish to share the vent.

The bathroom is next to the kitchen separated by a plasterboard cavity wall. In fact, the bathroom extractor is actually on that wall where the vent itself runs into the kitchen (boxed in) before going up into the loft directly above.

I can not see how you can control the passage of air without doing something more time consuming and complicated as opposed to simply fitting a separate duct and vent terminal.

For example, what if you want both fans running?

What if the poo smell one is more powerful than the kitchen one! :eek:

Do the right thing and have independent vents.

Sponsored Links
Flex-ducting will cause a lot of noise with the air hitting the ribbing, which wil also provide a nice place for grease from the kitchen vent to settle.

Should make every effort to avoid this and use PVC pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back