Are new eaves support trays enough to fix the problem with this new roof?

The broader piece of the tray goes on the roof with the lip oversailing the gutter.
Best way forward would be to install a hopper at the valley and re-align the gutters properly...ie under the slates.

Sponsored Links
Reckon he fitted it the wrong way around because it meant he didnt have to unscrew the slate or something?
Will try my best to get something better done. This smallish roof cost 16k ffs. Sure the wall had to be rebuilt but still!

The eave trays are correct orientation, but yes gutter left be better

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230616_181814_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230616_181814_Chrome.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230616_182134_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230616_182134_Google.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 54
Thanks all, maybe I should get a better photo of the gutter. I doubt I can get him to do anything else, at this point I will just be happy for the eaves tray to be the right way round, ill post from another angle
IMG_20230616_170304.jpg

Ill remind people of one thing possibly in his defense, the walls underneath the old fascia gutter were really bad n needing a rebuild, although he should have sub contracted someone to do it if its that hard. would you have sub contracted another builder to do it?

Anyway ill get him to reattach the tray and this should finally be over, thanks.
:
IMG-20221130-WA0000.jpg

Ill remind people of one thing possibly in his defense, the walls underneath the old fascia gutter were really bad n needing a rebuild, although he should have sub contracted someone to do it if its that hard. would you have sub contracted another builder to do it?

Anyway ill get him to reattach the tray and this should finally be over, thanks.
I can't speak for others however that's surely a tricky question to answer, because it all comes down to the skill of the individual, in a sense it's a meaningless question, although please understand I don't mean that disrespectfully!

When the guy you contracted discovered the crumbling wall underneath, only he knows if it's (genuinely) within his skillset to properly rectify it as opposed to in a sense bodging a repair, even if done with the best of intention. If he felt a builder was required he should have highlighted this to you in my opinion.

I'm not a roofer, however it looks as if he's maybe intentionally inserted the trays the wrong way to ensure the longer lip reaches the gutter edge. However as others have touched on, not only does it look wrong, you'd wonder how much of the tray is secured under the tiles. Tbh it looks pants.

I feel for you especially if you think you've already paid over the odds, however that section of the roof and guttering could do with being properly rectified, and ideally not by the guy who's completed the work to date!

I feel for you especially if you think you've already paid over the odds, however that section of the roof and guttering could do with being properly rectified, and ideally not by the guy who's completed the work to date!

Hey, it's appreciated. Someone else because even if I could maybe eventually make him do something, it will still probably be a poor job? Darn. well looks like it'll hold for a couple years at least, I'll save up in the meantime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back