Are new radiators more efficient?

I'm looking to replace my radiators with one eye on a future heat pump so was planning to calculate each rooms required BTU rating to operate at 40 degrees and then turn down my boiler temp to mimic an air source heat pump. Does this work logically or am I missing something? New radiators this year, but air source heat pump could be a few years away. Is this going to be a cost effective approach in the medium term or will I end up burning more gas?

Better to start a new thread, than to tag your question onto an existing one...

However, the cooler you can run a gas boiler, the more efficiently it will generally be able to run. Below 50C is good to aim for, which will allow it to run in condensing mode. .

Sponsored Links
I do sometimes think that more 'emmissive' radiators are more efficient in that they decrease the proportion of heat emitted by the pipework in places you don't need heat...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back