Are radiators ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lifted laminate from flooring and had a check of radiators. Here is what I found.

This radiator 1

close up of radiator 1

This is radiator 2

radiator 3

radiator 4 (bathroom)

radiator 5 (downstairs toilet)

radiator 6 (bedroom)

radiator 7 (en suite)

The house is 11 years old. 6 weeks ago, I had central heating system checked and was told everything was in good working order, I paid £141 for the privilage.

Any comments?

Sponsored Links
Looks OK to me! just because youv'e had it checked over will not make the system brand new again! that would take one hell of a magic wand it all looks like a typical 11 year old system to me, you might want to get the valve tails looked at they might need tightening or dismantling and re-sealing but other than that all OK ;)

The valves are one issue but looking at the bottom edge of those rads ,they dont look healthy looks like inhibitor has never been used in this system.

Sponsored Links
The rust on the lower edge of the bathroom radiator is normal....use chrome towel rads in bathrooms...otherwise the lower edge will always rust where the paint is thin.

The valves appear to be Giacomini Aquarius (if there is a seperate gland nut around the spindle). These are top quality Eurocone type valves. However the threaded tail to the rads come with a plastic coating (to save on PTFEing) but they often don't seal 100% hence rusting on the threads.

Some pipework appears to be unprotected in the concrete floor hence a little corrosion on the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back