Are rcd adaptors safe for 24/7 use?

Not really. You just have 2 to reset in the event of a fault.
... unless one of them doesn't trip when it should, because it's faulty - in which case it wouldn't need to be reset!

So long as one RCD is working satisfactorily, there is nothing to be gained by adding a second, and it can introduce the (very slight) inconvenience you mention. However, for those who recognise that RCDs can become faulty (and hence not trip when they should) there's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept of having a second ('redundant') one, to address the issue of possible RCD malfunction (non-function!).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Hi there. have you the filter brand name. Had tanks myself for years and you don't need a plug in rcd. You just have to make sure that the tank is set up correctly. Where the filter cable comes down out of the tank make sure it loops back upwards to the socket. Any water that may trickle down the cable drips onto the floor. If you have air pump and a light with plugs position a 4 way extension lead and connect plugs to that. I have a similar one to this in the cabinet under tank. Its a masterplug one i think. Then when you working on the tank you can unplug everything in one go at the wall. Always remember to dry hands after cleaning before re connecting.

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-13amp-8m-4-socket-weatherproof-extension-lead/p/0479506

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back