Can I wire a Pond this way?

Sponsored Links
You could use one of these if it suits your purpose, just be sure to plug into an RCD!

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...errer=FG13P&searchTerms=9829323&params=P17959

Not notifiable, dont need to pay BC £££ to check it or ££££ to a sparky to fit it! as it isnt controlled by building regulations, Sorted

Thanks for the idea totallyspies, but I really want to keep all the connections inside if possible. The only thing I will really miss by plugging the Pump and Filter into an RCD socket is the Blagdon switch unit. ...........Although, If I wire the switch unit to a thirteen amp three pin plug and plug this into a RCD Socket Icould claim that it was not "Fixed wiring."

TS.

I see that despite your protestations that you only argued in a previous post to wind up Ban, I see you are at it again.

This boils down to definitions, and what (you are adamant) "it says in law".

Well, "in law", the courts will be looking to the dictionary definitions of words used in any documents. Not an individual interpretation of a word, but a dictionary definition.

BTW, if you insist on arguing the toss, you should start a new thread, not hijack those of others.

I have posted my last post on this thread.

Mottsy, the appliances are not fixed, and the wiring is not fixed, so it is not notifiable. Connecting to 2 3-pin plugs is the best bet. Be aware you dont need an RCD socket if the garage already has RCD protection. There is NO benefit to having two RCDs in a row protecting the same load. The garage, incidentally, SHOULD be RCD protected.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Crafty,

The garage has an old Wylex two way CU which has been fitted with MCB's to replace the old wired fuses. In view of this I shall replace the two double sockets with RCD sockets.
(I appreciate that those better skilled than I would advocate fitting a new RCD garage CU but having never fitted a CU before I would rather stick to what I know unless they come with idiot proof instructions.)

Also the Blagdon switch box I wanted to use, I popped into the shops and read the instructions for it. It actually sugests fitting a three pin plug and plugging it into an RCD Socket, so it looks like I will be able to use one after all.

Thanks again

Mottsy

securespark said:
TS.

I see that despite your protestations that you only argued in a previous post to wind up Ban, I see you are at it again.

This boils down to definitions, and what (you are adamant) "it says in law".

Well, "in law", the courts will be looking to the dictionary definitions of wors used in any documents. Not an individual interpretation of a word, but a dictionary definition.

BTW, if you insist on arguing the toss, you should start a new thread, not hijack those of others.

I have posted my last post on this thread.

Oh good. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back