Are they trying to scare us all again - What is this mutated new virus?

Sponsored Links
They won't be able to resist using this new mutation to widen the area. Regardless of the case and death 'stats'. The most worrying aspect is how the government sneaked it in . They knew there would be a back bench revolt if they tried it when parliament was sitting. Whatever, they have made a total dog's breakfast of the situation for millions in London and the SE.
It sounds like what you thought might happen is going to happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Everything now seems more uncertain than it did then

I don't think they'll stop construction, manufacturing or jobs regardless of how bad it happens - I just don't think it's financially and economically possible do you? We've just borrowed too much and so no matter how bad things get tier 4 is the limit? What do you think?
Schools are still officially open for on site education. That won't last.

Schools are still officially open for on site education. That won't last.
If schools go back then that's going to effect peoples ability to work as they'll need to look after their kids

Do you reckon that's the next thing to be rolled back? If schools go back then that's going to effect peoples ability to work as they'll need to look after their kids
I do, schools are a big driver of the current spread. I heard mutterings that the British strain also seems to spread even more in children, but don't have much confidence in that yet.

Kent's numbers were rising during the second lockdown. If it's a choice between numbers climbing ever higher or going remote for education, education will have to go remote.

I do, schools are a big driver of the current spread. I heard mutterings that the British strain also seems to spread even more in children, but don't have much confidence in that yet. Kent's numbers were rising during the second lockdown. If it's a choice between numbers climbing ever higher or going remote for education, education will have to go remote.
Doesn't seem like there's going to be any choice

Is the new "South African" variation possibly resistant to the vaccines

Thanks IT Minion. Throughout the pandemic have you had a look "under the bonnet" so to speak of the vaccines and the variations as you seem as though you managed to stay well informed

Do you know what the latest is regarding our own team of scientists working on it from Oxford which is meant to be quite a low price if successful?
The last I heard it was hoped the MHRA would approve it this week coming.

The price is really important for the Vaccine to poorer nations, but not us. Even at £40 a time the Pfizer one would be less than a PCR test. We've done 50 million tests so far. Price isn't a key concern for the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back