Are Viessman 100 prone to leaks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was about to install a Viessman 100 30kw but an installer told me there prone to leaks and they are full of plastic and rot inside .Now im back to square one looking for which boiler to go for ..

Sponsored Links
They've certainly had some issues with the rubber hoses inside bursting and ruining all the electrics. As Dan says, Intergas are the ones to go for - an all-metal boiler with a 10 year warranty (if you go for the ECO RF) and a heat exchanger that has never suffered a failure

Sponsored Links
Was about to install a Viessman 100 30kw but an installer told me there prone to leaks and they are full of plastic and rot inside .Now im back to square one looking for which boiler to go for ..

While the Intergas boilers have several advantages, there's plenty others on the market.
What did the installer offer?

Most boilers are reliable & will offer good service for 10-15 years if fitted to a clean system, installed & commissioned correctly. While a Powerflush is not always required, the condition of your system water should be checked & action taken according to the results of testing its condition.

I have had quotes from 2 installers, one who says his recommendation is Baxi Duo Tec and Worcester 29 cdi classic.The other says Baxi aswell but i keep getting drawn to the Ideal Vogue 32 or Logic + but none of them fancy them as a brand.

All of those you mention are decent boilers. I personally like the Logic +s.

As Puller says: correct installation, clean system.

Proper maintainance too.

There are any number of "which boiler" threads on this forum and some people have strong likes and dislikes!

Last edited:
I have had quotes from 2 installers, one who says his recommendation is Baxi Duo Tec and Worcester 29 cdi classic.The other says Baxi aswell but i keep getting drawn to the Ideal Vogue 32 or Logic + but none of them fancy them as a brand.

The Ideal Vogue is a great boiler, as is the Logic.
It's always worth carefully considering not just the appliance, but the installer. Mid range price quote & one that'll offer an annual service too. Installers that offer a particular boiler generally know the boiler for its ease of installation, reliability & it's easy to service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back