Viessman or Baxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've just had a quote to install a new ch system in a one bed flat. The plumber has quoted a price of £2700 to fit a 30kw viessman combi boiler or £3200 for a baxi platinum 32kw (with a 5 year warranty). From looking over this forum I see that viessman is highly rated by most - so is this extra money basically for a long guarantee? Any advice or opinions would be gratefully received.

All prices are plus vat and include 4 rads plus trv's etc etc. I think this is a pretty good price but I'm waiting for a few more quotes to come in to compare.

Sponsored Links
I've just had a quote to install a new ch system in a one bed flat.

How many bathrooms and showers do you have in your one bed flat?

I would have thought a 24kW combi would be more than adequate :!:

But the higher power is for more hw performance, not bedrooms - you know that D_H!

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, seems pretty conclusive.

The plumber was going down the line of a 24kw boiler untill I told him I wanted to rip out the electirc shower and put in a shower fed from the combi in the future.

If the kitchen sink and the bathroom wash hand basin are the only hot water draw off points, other than a shower, then a 26kw would probably be plenty.

Viessmann will provide a five year warrentee provided the installer has attended the exellent product - familurisation - training course provided at Telford, and the boiler is serviced every twelve months from the date commissioned.

Personally I would choose the German boiler.

Tim

few good plumbers will advice a baxi.

Well I would go for the platinum :eek: :eek: No I,am only kiding cause I aint no plumber :LOL: Iam a heating technician :LOL: :LOL: .

Go with the Germans they make Very good boilers, though Worcester Bosch is my choice ;)

;)

He's a great lad is Dave, as can be seen by all his helpful posts on here.
(I've got to say that cos I might be meeting him again in the new year). :LOL: Lets just say that he likes his beer, and he's not short of somewhere to put it.

Ok for those thst have slagged the BAXI, WHY and when the veisman breaks down how many will know how to repair it and how avialble will the parts be..next day ..i doubt it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back