Are we all going to die next wednesday?

Friday, Oct 25 2013 3PM

It says so at the top of the page!

That's today's date, not the date the article was published.

That would mean the article was only posted half an our ago.

Sponsored Links
Friday, Oct 25 2013 3PM

It says so at the top of the page!

That's today's date, not the date the article was published.

That would mean the article was only posted half an our ago.

Yes, I know that (please note my exclamation mark), but if it is not current why are they posting it on a current page. It's not an archive.

Yes, I know that, but if it is not current why are they posting it on a current page. It's not an archive.

I have absolutely no idea, unclear site design is the least of the Mail's issues. It can't have gone up today, as this thread's been going since yesterday.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I know that, but if it is not current why are they posting it on a current page. It's not an archive.

I have absolutely no idea, unclear site design is the least of the Mail's issues. It can't have gone up today, as this thread's been going since yesterday.

No. That's why I thought it must be recent.

Mind you, didn't they start it up some time ago and then shut it down again for some reason? Perhaps the Earth was going to fall apart.

Ha ha. It also says they plan to recreate the conditions of the Big 'Band'. All that money for a Glenn Miller tune.

:LOL:

As I posted earlier, the LHC was shut down in February this year for a long shut down It will not be starting operations again until sometime in 2015 (after an upgrade to allow it to run to 14 TeV collision energies. Therefore it's very safe to assume the world won't be ending next Wednesday (as the OP said) He's obviously linked to an old article from at least 2009. ;) ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

And AFAIK the last time they used it - it broke.

I heard that someone tried using its power to calculate their gas & electric bill to explain them to see if their laptop was using more than a desktop and it went haywire :)

I couldn't see a date for when this article was posted, but it must be an old one. LHC's been up and running (mostly) for a couple of years.

They Daily Mail really is a rag isn't it? Absolute nonsense.
Careful Charley. For a lot of people around here the DM is THE source.

Sponsored Links
Back