Are we not allowed to discuss the Flooding in Pakistan now?

J

joinerjohn

As the title suggests. A thread on this subject has been pulled already.
I for one would like to know why??
Censorship? Fear of upsetting ethnic minorities?

Why?

Sponsored Links
Although I wouldn't wish ill will to anyone, I do find it incredible that the Pakistan government allows its people to live in areas where flooding is going to cause problems, especially in a country that has more than its fair share of rain, with monsoons and such. I know its geographics aren't necessarily ideal for settlement in certain areas, but surely they can spend their resources on preventative residential development. And as an aside, I think that our government should be applauded for managing to send the amount of money it has already, considering our domestic financial situation.

Moderator 11
Moderator Comment Posted: August 23rd 2010, 3:22 pm This message will expire on August 25th 2010, 3:22 pm Comment:
You can discuss floods

You aren't allowed to post racial abuse.

Does that surprise anyone?

no

so why not just delete the offending post with a warning
instead of the whole thread :?: :?: :?:

crocket, I think perhaps some of the factors are:
great poverty
enormous population
lack of better places to live (looking at the map, most of the country is affected)
_48836766_pakistan_floods_23aug_464.gif

also, as I understand it, the big donations have been coming from the public, not from the government. My guess is that there a lot of people living here with family connections or origins there

the BBC said:
"The generosity of the British public in helping Pakistan's flood victims is "shaming politicians around the world", the head of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) has said."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11057297

Sponsored Links
So why is mentioning the fact that a country that spends billions on weapons , yet asks the rest of the world for aid , termed racial abuse? Surely it's a valid point?
I can't believe the ever increasing censorship on this forum. I honestly can't.

They don't want to upset their advertisers now do they?

Much as I object to Pakistan having nuclear weapons, their people coming here and free loading off us. Then there is their terrorist connections. Despite that, surely no one can honestly claim that they object to those desperately poor people receiving aid from us.

Much as I object to Pakistan having nuclear weapons, their people coming here and free loading off us. Then there is their terrorist connections. Despite that, surely no one can honestly claim that they object to those desperately poor people receiving aid from us.

that would be fair comment AJ exept

what have they ever done for the greater good

this town was flooded up to the rooftops not that long back

it didn't make the world press :evil:

Kev it's difficult feeling sorry for some ar5e dragging scum bag that finds himself up to his neck in it. However, these people are poorer than you're average church mouse, had very little before the floods and nothing now. And much as I hate to admit it to myself, they're not all bad.

Katrina barely made the news so your little hick town ;)

When these floods hit, and there are nuclear power stations/weapons nearby, what's the chance of something going off? That affects the world?

The fires in Russia aren't mentioned.

But it seems that Britain, above all over nations are giving to the aid relief more that any other nation, which is good, but on the flip of a coin, that money might be syphoned into a trust fund for rogue sources, as has happened before.

It disgusts me that charity shops creme off the best for theirselves, sell any other, then bin the rest, for the weight of the cloth is worth more than the cost to resell. Basically the same happens in international aid.

Although I wouldn't wish ill will to anyone, I do find it incredible that the Pakistan government allows its people to live in areas where flooding is going to cause problems, especially in a country that has more than its fair share of rain, with monsoons and such. I know its geographics aren't necessarily ideal for settlement in certain areas, but surely they can spend their resources on preventative residential development.
Funnily enough, successive governments in this country have done exactly the same...

But here they are called allowing developments on flood plains ... ;)

Perhaps those in power in pakistan , past & present should take the billions out of there swiss bank accounts in order to help there own popualtion ! They have stolen billions of dollars from there own people , corrupt theives & crooks is what they are !!

That of course is not going to happen is it?

Which is why decent people in this and other countries put their hands in their pockets and do the decent thing. Well some of us do, others just think of the slow and lingering deaths of these people (innocent children included) as either an act of God or a fitting way to reduce the population. :evil:

I feel a little guilty that I have only contributed some small change for this appeal. :( I must make an effort to give some help .

We all need a lift in life sometimes and politics etc don't come into it. We are all sitting snug in our houses on an internet forum while some have no shelter. :(

Sponsored Links
Back