Are you an idiot? Are you a cool person?

IQ`s are of very little practical use. Many people on the "autistic spectrum" have high IQs and yet find day to day living frustrating and stressfull. It`s not how well the brain works, it`s in what order it processes information :eek: And we`re not talking Rain Man here. It`s very much a hidden disability.

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
i've got a brother-in-law who has just gone to russia to represent england on a mensa test v's the rest of the world.honest.the only thing is in everyday life he does'nt seem to have any common sense(only lateral)he can't even change a car wheel or hang a picture.feel like punching him sometimes coz he's got such a big chip on his shoulder.
thinks he needs a personality implant ;)
btw he's single/36/no girlfriend :confused:
rather be thick & good at diy.

Hey up, he ain't found his way back yet ... anybody here seen willly?

Nige F said:
IQ`s are of very little practical use. Many people on the "autistic spectrum" have high IQs and yet find day to day living frustrating and stressfull.

I disagree. I know a bloke who has (not suffers from!) Asperger's syndrome, he has a very high IQ. Absolute genius. Probably the cleverest man I've ever met. A high IQ is definitely very much of practical use, he wouldn't be able to do his job without such an IQ.

The Asperger's doesn't help with social interaction, and some people are somewhat surprised at the way he acts and speaks. However what practical use is social interaction? Just so long as he doesn't do anything that gets himself arrested, fired or attacked then the ability to discuss the minutiae of a soccer match is of no consequence whatsoever. However being able to perform 4th order partial differential equations is of great use to him as it allows him to have a job that, in his words, provides him with "decent conversation and a good lunch".

The money is of little consequence as he puts that very useful high IQ into analysing the markets and investing wisely, all in his own time. He raked in £500,000 profit last year from this, after tax. Of course being Asperger's, he gave me a full presentation of his activities and the breakdown with graphs (he had even factored in the property market to calculate his total wealth!) :LOL:

Many might say a 12" willy is of no practical use, but you'd rather have that than a nubbin, right? :LOL:

So, I argue that IQ is just as important and useful to those in "thinking" jobs as the ability to lay bricks is to a bricklayer. You can't be a bricklayer if you can't lay bricks.

Well argued, and I am pleased to say I`ve been told I have been blithering (as in blithering idiot) elsewhere on the site.....Therefore I am happy to be known as an idiot, I never thought I was cool ;) Perhaps I was not erudite in my use of words in my original post. I must admit I jumped to the defence of "the autistic" as I too have a friend like yours. Though he apparently has Semantic- Pragmatic disorder, which he tells me is like aspergers. I will show him your post, I am sure he will see the pragmatism in your argument. Unfortunately , he neither has a high IQ. nor large member :eek: He does have a sense of humour, and holds a worthwhile job.

Sponsored Links
In my barmy Youth I got tested for a Mensa /WHTY test, I got 165 in the Mensa ....an WHMTY 71%
The Dr who gave me this at Endenfield Unit, Prestwich Hospital ,was a Dutch bloke called Stoffemburg ,lol..lol
he was a real version of "Beaker "from the muppets ..

Resurrecting an old post I know, but relevant. Instead of taking an IQ test, I took one of the new fangled and apparently much more important EQ tests emotional or empathy quotient tests

here

WARNING: takes about 20-25 mins to complete.

I am as you all knew, and I have long suspected,I am an emotional ******. :evil: (He say reporting it on a forum, maybe I should have a chin wag with my friends, that is of course, if I had any)

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 81
Subscale percentile = 10

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor. People who score like you may at times feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They sometimes struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are not always able to control their moods. It may be hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions difficult at times, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy or perhaps lacking understanding of, or comfort with, social interactions. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

has anyone seen the Film Usual suspects ?

sometimes what you see isn't what you see :eek:

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 114
Subscale percentile = 84

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

pretty much spot on really :)

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 123
Subscale percentile = 95

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is good. People who score like you do feel that they have little trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They generally are able to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods in all but the most trying of times. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.

;)

I seem to have inadvertantly stumbled upon the womens own forum :LOL: oh god I am an emotional ******!

Sponsored Links
Back