argi

billy bob said:
mehran said:
look it boils down to having ARGI or not having ARGI, have a voice in the industry or not have a voice in the industry.

your choice if you don't want to join then dont

No, it boils down to Argi not been 100% truthful to its members about the sudden site change, its about argi claiming to be the voice of the industry, although its membership is not even 0.001% of the industry, its about argi claiming to be moving forward, when the have actually acheived nothing and it is about the fact that argi will not tolerate anyone who does not have the same thoughts as the committee, you are not allowed to have a difference of opinion, you just have to be a yes man, god forbid speaking out against the almighty argi and not towing the line.

So what has the IPHE done for the industry, I can't remember then doing anything about ACS, HSE, GWN or clipping £orgis wings, perhaps if they had the guts for a fight the kennel club would not be the monopoly it is,.

Have the IPHE shown an interest in the franchise fiasco.

The Committee run the show for the best interest of the Association, we have more intention of pandering to the minority that the IPHE would.

if you don't like it then vote them out, assuming of course you can find enough mugs to replace them.

I'll ask again what has the IPHE done for you, isn't it fair to say if they were any good the industry wouldn't be in the mess it is, 100years for what, where's the landmarks for achievements.

Sponsored Links
john why are you arguing with this tosser ?

$orgi back door man (note the dollar sign) ;)

doitall said:
billy bob said:
mehran said:
look it boils down to having ARGI or not having ARGI, have a voice in the industry or not have a voice in the industry.

your choice if you don't want to join then dont

No, it boils down to Argi not been 100% truthful to its members about the sudden site change, its about argi claiming to be the voice of the industry, although its membership is not even 0.001% of the industry, its about argi claiming to be moving forward, when the have actually acheived nothing and it is about the fact that argi will not tolerate anyone who does not have the same thoughts as the committee, you are not allowed to have a difference of opinion, you just have to be a yes man, god forbid speaking out against the almighty argi and not towing the line.

So what has the IPHE done for the industry, I can't remember then doing anything about ACS, HSE, GWN or clipping £orgis wings, perhaps if they had the guts for a fight the kennel club would not be the monopoly it is,.

Have the IPHE shown an interest in the franchise fiasco.

The Committee run the show for the best interest of the Association, we have more intention of pandering to the minority that the IPHE would.

if you don't like it then vote them out, assuming of course you can find enough mugs to replace them.

I'll ask again what has the IPHE done for you, isn't it fair to say if they were any good the industry wouldn't be in the mess it is, 100years for what, where's the landmarks for achievements.

When did I say that the IPHE have done anything for the industry, I was merely pointing out the benefits of membership, as you asked the question, the IPHE are not claiming to be doing anything for the industry, Argi are.

The Institute is also the Secretariat of the World Plumbing Council which is developing links with the World Health Organisation and other international agencies

Sponsored Links
This thread has degenerated into what can be likened to the tatics of the major political parties at general election time!

All would agree a valid question has been asked 'In the past three years what has ARGI achieved' only to be answered by listing the failings of other organisations! Doesn't that sound familiar? The political parties more interested in trumpeting the failure of the other at the exclusion of giving realistic information about themselves!!

ARGI was formed at the time GWN was being talked about as a voice to oppose these proposals. Like it or not ARGI decided as a fledgling association not to take a high profile position. In fact GWN came with no official comment from the very organisation Phil Cooper started ARGI. Is he also disallusioned for this reason?

So fairs fair billy bob may be anyone for all I care BUT a personal attack on him on this occasion seems to simply avoid an answer to his question.

When did I say that the IPHE have done anything for the industry, I was merely pointing out the benefits of membership, as you asked the question.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

get knotted yer southern tosser

we made you on the ARGI site you have spoken to me

go away and come back when you start making sense

oh yeah take all the pricks in the iphe with you :rolleyes:

we never needed that shower and we still don't

so go blow it out yer ass :rolleyes:

AlanE said:
This thread has degenerated into what can be likened to the tatics of the major political parties at general election time!

All would agree a valid question has been asked 'In the past three years what has ARGI achieved' only to be answered by listing the failings of other organisations! Doesn't that sound familiar? The political parties more interested in trumpeting the failure of the other at the exclusion of giving realistic information about themselves!!

ARGI was formed at the time GWN was being talked about as a voice to oppose these proposals. Like it or not ARGI decided as a fledgling association not to take a high profile position. In fact GWN came with no official comment from the very organisation Phil Cooper started ARGI. Is he also disallusioned for this reason?

So fairs fair billy bob may be anyone for all I care BUT a personal attack on him on this occasion seems to simply avoid an answer to his question.

Thank you Alan, some sense at last, all this from asking the question, what has argi acheived in the past 3 years

Alan, Argi has done more in 3 years for the RGI than the IPHE has in the last 100.

Sure there's a long way to go, but we have made a start As i have said getting the suits to listen is an achievement in itself

Please then doitall list these acheivements, not just the talking, I mean actual benefits for the RGI, saying that argi has acheived more in 3 years than the IPHE has in 100 years is a bold statement, please back it up with some facts.

Blly Bob,
You seem like you are a bit of a posative thinking, wont be done down sort of bloke, I think that CORGI would not like some one like you on the ARGI forum.
So why not come on in, there is no membership fee, but as you will agree,the site wont run on fresh air.

I am sure you must have heard the one about the Farmer who went to buy a new horse,
"what happened to the old one?" said the horse salesman, "you have only had him six weeks"
"Well" said the Farmer,
"I had just got him used to living on nothing, then he died on me" :D

So dispite what you may hear on here, we are actualy discusing the feeding of ARGI.
To quote the ARGI training Officer, who, like you is a posative,and definitely wont be dundown bloke,
" Registration to ARGI will still be free." for all RGI,s"

so Billy me old mate, there,s no need to see your GP obout the arm lengthening operation, just fill in the form and come on in.

On the ARGI forum, the postings are a bit more polite than on here. ;)

Is an intelegent man like you not able to see what has been achived and what changes have taken place within the gas industy?

Tim (a, been working all day so have just come on, emoticon)

PS Brighten up lads, there are enough dismals out there without some of you lot walking around with your chins on the floor.

billy bob said:
Please then doitall list these acheivements, not just the talking, I mean actual benefits for the RGI, saying that argi has acheived more in 3 years than the IPHE has in 100 years is a bold statement, please back it up with some facts.

Its all in the members area including your IPHE mate Simon. If you can't see where were going perhaps you can read where we've been to date.

But I ain't pasting it on DIYnot

Sorry Mod 7, we have tried to keep it clean. [b/] :rolleyes:

And thanks again for letting the thread run

mlb3c said:
When did I say that the IPHE have done anything for the industry, I was merely pointing out the benefits of membership, as you asked the question.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

get knotted yer southern t****r

we made you on the ARGI site you have spoken to me

go away and come back when you start making sense

oh yeah take all the pricks in the iphe with you :rolleyes:

we never needed that shower and we still don't

so go blow it out yer ass :rolleyes:

I can't help but always respect your delicate turn of phrase Kev :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So you cannot list any acheivements that have benefitted the RGi, as there are none to list, makes your comment about Argi doing more for the RGI in 3 years then the IPHE has done in 100 years a bit pointless, don't state things like that unless you can back them up.

Simon is not a mate of mine, I said we have spoken via the IPHE web site, there is a difference.

Ok Bill, your are obviously a man of charm and wit who would not be to proud to stand a man a drink if you inadvertantly and quite by chance had cast aspertions on the good name of ARGI.

So if I can come up with just one thing that ARGI has achived in the past two years, will you stand me a drink at Installer live this time around.?

Tim
(an, and I dont mean a cup of tea, emoticon)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back