argi

BB, what does it matter if you cannot be told of any acheivements? I doubt you want to join anyway :eek:

I am a newish member to Argi and unless they are going to lie or rip me off, in which case I wouldn't have joined if I thought that, why would I be concerned about it.

They are only here to help and give support, albeit at present in the form of a good forum, but unless we can get a good benefactor to invest a few million, it is going to take time to build up a repectable and listened to industry voice.

If you don't accept that then I for one don't have a problem with that, that is why we live in a democracy. I don't want to be part of IPHE, but I don't post to slag them off.

You're happy with IPHE, others are not, so what?

Take a chill pill and get on with whats important to you and let Argi members get on with whats important to them :eek:

My god we could all drop dead tommorrow, so how important would this argument be then.

I am trying to post as sensitvely to both sides as i can ;)

Sponsored Links
Alan, Argi has done more in 3 years for the RGI than the IPHE has in the last 100.

Sure there's a long way to go, but we have made a start As i have said getting the suits to listen is an achievement in itself
I didn't ask the question just that since it had been asked wondered why there was no answer!!

Pity this thread had to attract the comments of he who seems to be under then influence of the bottle and continued efforts to convince HIMSELF of his own importance. Can't say much so just resorts to blatent personal abuse. But then thats his nature.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
BB, what does it matter if you cannot be told of any acheivements? I doubt you want to join anyway :eek:

I am a newish member to Argi and unless they are going to lie or rip me off, in which case I wouldn't have joined if I thought that, why would I be concerned about it.

They are only here to help and give support, albeit at present in the form of a good forum, but unless we can get a good benefactor to invest a few million, it is going to take time to build up a repectable and listened to industry voice.

If you don't accept that then I for one don't have a problem with that, that is why we live in a democracy. I don't want to be part of IPHE, but I don't post to slag them off.

You're happy with IPHE, others are not, so what?

Take a chill pill and get on with whats important to you and let Argi members get on with whats important to them :eek:

My god we could all drop dead tommorrow, so how important would this argument be then.

I am trying to post as sensitvely to both sides as i can ;)

I have not criticised Argi, I simply asked the questions of their acheivements, to which nobody has given a reply, others brought up the IPHE and criticised them, for what reason I do not know, I am already a member of argi, but I have found it pointless to post anything that does not conform to argi's "you must only praise argi" posting rule, if you have an opinion that does not reflect exactly that of the majority, you are shouted down as sniping from the sidelines and told you have not put your hands in your pocket for argi, so who are you to complain.

Baker, are you sure you are not a Corgi man, you seem to promote Installer Live frequently, which is after all a Corgi event

Thanks for your reply.

Not talking specifically about Argi now, but if I was a member of an organisation, even a non-subscribing organisation, that could not answer sensibly any questions I posed, then I would seriously consider not being a member.

I get wrong in Plumb Center every week over this typr of issue as in when I hear plumbers etc slagging off the company they work for I have to open my big mouth, yes I am out spoken and get in trouble for it, to say 'well if they are that bad why don't you leave rather than stand here moaning?'

I don't know you from adam so I don't intend to pre judge you or what ever, but if you have a problem with Argi why not post on the Argi site to admin and wait for an 'official' response rather than on a public forum such as this.

I'm not trying to antagonise you at all but don't get your problem :confused:

Regards

AlanE said:
Alan, Argi has done more in 3 years for the RGI than the IPHE has in the last 100.

Sure there's a long way to go, but we have made a start As i have said getting the suits to listen is an achievement in itself
I didn't ask the question just that since it had been asked wondered why there was no answer!!

Pity this thread had to attract the comments of he who seems to be under then influence of the bottle and continued efforts to convince HIMSELF of his own importance. Can't say much so just resorts to blatent personal abuse. But then thats his nature.

why don't you [personally offensive text removed]
you don't care about ARGI you care about you :rolleyes:

i on the other hand don't need a breif in my back pocket [ditto]

As I said gas4you if I post my opinion on argi, I will simply get critcised as been a whinger, no one will offer an inteligent response to my objection, so what is the point in posting, at least here the topic has not been locked, which is what normally happens on argi if they don't like what is been said.

billy bob said:
As I said gas4you if I post my opinion on argi, I will simply get critcised as been a whinger, no one will offer an inteligent response to my objection, so what is the point in posting, at least here the topic has not been locked, which is what normally happens on argi if they don't like what is been said.

As I say I don't know you from anyone, could it be the manner in which you post?

As I have not been there long enough to see your posts I cannot comment on your posts.

aye fella still standing in cheatem county in the states and still b l oo dy fighting for what i belive

btw only just hit noon ower ere ;)

Ok guys, we have had 2 days and 11 pages of fun and chat. :LOL: :LOL:

Time to cool it down I think before we upset Our Hosts st DIYnot.

Why would we upset them, the site is here for posting, that is all we are doing.

Billy Bob said:
I am already a member of argi, but I have found it pointless to post anything that does not conform to argi's "you must only praise argi" posting rule, if you have an opinion that does not reflect exactly that of the majority, you are shouted down as sniping from the sidelines and told you have not put your hands in your pocket for argi, so who are you

That's pretty much the way I've seen it too, too often. Some rather self-important people have an unfortunate attitude not appropriate for their status.
If it's trying to come across as an organisation of and for professionals, I think it'll have to adopt a more professional structure and standards.

Ask not what your ARGI can do for you, ask what you can do for your ARGI :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back