argi

mlb3c said:
billy bob said:
The IPHE has been around for 100 years, I belong to them as they are a respected association, GasNews is not an association, I have conversation with Simon on the IPHE web site.

By the lack of your reponse, I assume the answer to my question is that Argi have acheived nothing in three years that benefits the installer, you are now asking people to consider paying a membership fee to belong to argi, I ask for what in return, argi has acheived little so far, I would wait until argi have made some kind of acheivement before asking for money.

afore you lot get any looser in the mouth you do know who this pratt is i take it

and he as well as me is barred from ARGI exept for different reasons :rolleyes: kev

Yours supposed to be on holiday Kev so enjoy it and throw the computer away :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
So you don't get any benefits from being a member of the IPHE and they sure ain't doing anything to improve your lot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What you would do and what we will do is obviously a matter of choice, but not yours.

Your choice is either pay a membership fee and join a growing Association that is making inroads into the £orgi monopoly or do nothing and continue to question others that demand change.

I gain benefits from being a member of the IPHE, we will see how many paying members you will get, considering that only about 40-50 current members bother to post, I doubt you will get 30-40 paying the membership fee, that is not exactly a decent percentage of the industry, so how could you claim to be the voice of the industry.

billy bob said:
doitall said:
So you don't get any benefits from being a member of the IPHE and they sure ain't doing anything to improve your lot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What you would do and what we will do is obviously a matter of choice, but not yours.

Your choice is either pay a membership fee and join a growing Association that is making inroads into the £orgi monopoly or do nothing and continue to question others that demand change.

I gain benefits from being a member of the IPHE, we will see how many paying members you will get, considering that only about 40-50 current members bother to post, I doubt you will get 30-40 paying the membership fee, that is not exactly a decent percentage of the industry, so how could you claim to be the voice of the industry.

ARGI are more of a force in this industry than pratts like you or the iphe

oh yes bunch of industrial yes men

**** i think i will stay in the states more people less idiots :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
billy bob said:
doitall said:

But you cannot say what benefits you get, or what they are doing to make your business any cheaper, they certainly haven't stopped any of the new regulations or for that matter had much to say about the £1800.00 you're being ask to pay so you can go about your normal business, perhaps they are lobbying the Government.

Because Our members are not all nerds with nothing better to do, they still recognise the need and support Argi

nice one john ;)

BTW halfway down a bottle of the good stuff

yer rock is work in progress ;)

Bit early for that over there Kev :eek:

Obviously having a good time. Have the bars run dry yet :LOL:

The IPHE is recognised worldwide, the IPHE is also recognised by the British public, they have their own approved contractor person scheme to allow you to self certify under the water regulations scheme, you can join the IPHE database, which can bring in work, they also have local branches which hold Proffessional Development events and technical evenings for its members, we have access to technical information, including Dataflow Sheets, we can get technical advice from the IPHE, we receive a Bi-Monthly magazine P&HE which keeps us up to date with the industry, you can further your carreer as membership can lead to further qualifications such as registration with the EC(UK), Licentiateship of the City & Guilds London Institute, you may also be eligable to obtain the Mater Plumbers certificate, we also have a members only forum for technical discussions, also a legal helpline (advice given in initial telephone call is free), Contractors Liability Insurance, independent financial advice, mortgages, vehicle insurance, workwear and footwear,
pipes and fittings, discount on hotel leisure breaks, website design service, national car rental and there are probably others that I have forgotten to mention.

At least I can answer a direct question with a direct answer, something argi seem unable to do

billy bob said:
The IPHE is recognised worldwide, the IPHE is also recognised by the British public, they have their own approved contractor person scheme to allow you to self certify under the water regulations scheme, you can join the IPHE database, which can bring in work, they also have local branches which hold Proffessional Development events and technical evenings for its members, we have access to technical information, including Dataflow Sheets, we can get technical advice from the IPHE, we receive a Bi-Monthly magazine P&HE which keeps us up to date with the industry, you can further your carreer as membership can lead to further qualifications such as registration with the EC(UK), Licentiateship of the City & Guilds London Institute, you may also be eligable to obtain the Mater Plumbers certificate, we also have a members only forum for technical discussions, also a legal helpline (advice given in initial telephone call is free), Contractors Liability Insurance, independent financial advice, mortgages, vehicle insurance, workwear and footwear,
pipes and fittings, discount on hotel leisure breaks, website design service, national car rental and there are probably others that I have forgotten to mention.

At least I can answer a direct question with a direct answer, something argi seem unable to do

that's as maybe but i'd rather be a member of an organisation with 50 members who get off their ar*es and do something than a bunch of timewasters like the IPHE has become

kevindgas said:
billy bob said:

that's as maybe but i'd rather be a member of an organisation with 50 members who get off their ar*es and do something than a bunch of timewasters like the IPHE has become

Back to square 1, I'll ask you then seen as no one else has answered, you say they get off their backsides and do something, do what exactly, as I have said previously, they do not of appeared to of done anything that has benefitted installers so far in 3 years.

look it boils down to having ARGI or not having ARGI, have a voice in the industry or not have a voice in the industry.

your choice if you don't want to join then dont

The IPHE is recognised worldwide, the IPHE is also recognised by the British public,

Im willing to bet the general public have never heard of them or give too hoots.[b/]

they have their own approved contractor person scheme to allow you to self certify under the water regulations scheme,

So do £orgi and a dozen others[b/]

you can join the IPHE database, which can bring in work,

maybe the odd job if you can drop everything at a minutes notice [b/]

they also have local branches which hold Proffessional Development events and technical evenings for its members,

Manufacturer sponcored events you mean[b/]

we have access to technical information, including Dataflow Sheets, we can get technical advice from the IPHE,

also available from the manufacturers [b/]

we receive a Bi-Monthly magazine P&HE which keeps us up to date with the industry,

Available in all good plumbers merchants, HPM and Phamnews are printed monthly and delivered free to my door [b/]

you can further your carreer as membership can lead to further qualifications such as registration with the EC(UK), Licentiateship of the City & Guilds London Institute, you may also be eligable to obtain the Mater Plumbers certificate,

Snob value [b/]

we also have a members only forum for technical discussions,

I understand the forum had to be suspended because the members were slagging each other off and over doing the rude words [b/]

also a legal helpline (advice given in initial telephone call is free), Contractors Liability Insurance, independent financial advice, mortgages, vehicle insurance, workwear and footwear,

All sponsored links that make money for the institute [b/]

How much does that set you back per year £200 plus ?

mehran said:
look it boils down to having ARGI or not having ARGI, have a voice in the industry or not have a voice in the industry.

your choice if you don't want to join then dont

No, it boils down to Argi not been 100% truthful to its members about the sudden site change, its about argi claiming to be the voice of the industry, although its membership is not even 0.001% of the industry, its about argi claiming to be moving forward, when the have actually acheived nothing and it is about the fact that argi will not tolerate anyone who does not have the same thoughts as the committee, you are not allowed to have a difference of opinion, you just have to be a yes man, god forbid speaking out against the almighty argi and not towing the line.

doitall said:
The IPHE is recognised worldwide, the IPHE is also recognised by the British public,

Im willing to bet the general public have never heard of them or give too hoots.[b/]

I bet more are aware of the IPHE than Argi

they have their own approved contractor person scheme to allow you to self certify under the water regulations scheme,

So do £orgi and a dozen others[b/]

But Argi does not

you can join the IPHE database, which can bring in work,

maybe the odd job if you can drop everything at a minutes notice [b/]

No, I have had quite a few large installation jobs

they also have local branches which hold Proffessional Development events and technical evenings for its members,

Manufacturer sponcored events you mean[b/]

Manufacturers yes, but done locally so that there is minimum traveling for members

we have access to technical information, including Dataflow Sheets, we can get technical advice from the IPHE,

also available from the manufacturers [b/]

Not quite the same, I don't mean boiler problems, I mean complying with regulations

we receive a Bi-Monthly magazine P&HE which keeps us up to date with the industry,

Available in all good plumbers merchants, HPM and Phamnews are printed monthly and delivered free to my door [b/]

Again not quite the same, less adverts and aimed specifically at IPHE members

you can further your carreer as membership can lead to further qualifications such as registration with the EC(UK), Licentiateship of the City & Guilds London Institute, you may also be eligable to obtain the Mater Plumbers certificate,

Snob value [b/]

The Argi Chairman does not think so, he proudly has these acheivement letters after his name

we also have a members only forum for technical discussions,

I understand the forum had to be suspended because the members were slagging each other off and over doing the rude words [b/]

wrong, the public forum was closed, the members forum is still active

also a legal helpline (advice given in initial telephone call is free), Contractors Liability Insurance, independent financial advice, mortgages, vehicle insurance, workwear and footwear,

All sponsored links that make money for the institute [b/]

but it saves me money

How much does that set you back per year £200 plus ?

Wrong £75.00

[

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back