ARGOS battery rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holmslaw

Went into Argos to buy 9V Duracell battery, the price was £3.39, I thought that seems expensive. But they had 3 for the price of two offer so I bought 3 for £6.78, so thats £2.26 each.

Then went into Morrisons exact same battery £1.74 each.

Don't buy batteries from Argos.

Sponsored Links
I remember going in Argos for a pen for the dog few years back. It was priced at £69.99. The lady asked what day would i like it delivered because it was a pretty bulky item. I said its ok I will take it today, pick it it up from back of shop in car.

She said its home delivery only and it was £5 delivery, I said well its priced wrong isnt it, that means its £74.99.......she says no it is £69.99....so I gave her £70......she then said its £5 for the delivery....I said I dont want it delivered!

This went on for ages, she couldnt accept the fact that the item was proced wrong as they would only deliver it, I said to her how do I get it without paying for delivery?

Sponsored Links
I recently got a bunch of batteries off fleabay, very good price (you have to buy a few to get the best value because postage cost is included(

the cheapest well-known brand was Memorex alkaline, but they also has Duracell.

A quick letter to Trading Standards complaining, copied to the Argos Branch Manager woudl have produced wonderous results, g'teed.

prob would have done yes.....to be honest I was laughing at the lady in shop more than anything..

...took a while for her to realise what I was saying

Snico
You sound like a right a***hole. I used to work at Argos, and it used to p*** me off when people would come and expect to get given a 60 inch projection TV in store, or a f***ing garage building. They cant keep everything instore - the stores are only so big.

And to argue with the poor lass on the tills - thats just stupid. You really think she has the power, authority, or will to change the prices, or override the delivery charge, to suit you?

EVERYTHING is written in the catalogue in black and white - the product description would have said "home delivery only, see page ***". They you should have turned to page *** and seen the tarriffs. But you didnt read it, did you? Because you're arrogant and think the world revolves around YOU. And then YOU got bitchy about something entirely your fault.

Go to www.customerssuck.com and see their forum, its full of tales of bad customers. Perhaps you feature there.

Do everyone on the forum a favour and go fill the shelves up at Argos you idiot.....

Can you not read what I written....and if thats the case, why did they have the item I wanted in the store, set up for everyone to see....this was an Argos superstore, it was a big building.

So what your saying is your catalogue T&C's are totally misleading, dont say they are not..........an item is edvertised for £70.....but to have that item in your home it will cost you £75........your an idiot for believing that is not misleading

And to argue with the poor lass on the tills - thats just stupid. You really think she has the power, authority, or will to change the prices, or override the delivery charge, to suit you?

and to point out....where did I mention I argued with her? where did I say I wanted the delivery charge dropped?.....dont jump to conclusions...I said I was explaining to her, nothing more nothing less

Do everyone on the forum a favour and go fill the shelves up at Argos you idiot.....
I USED TO work at Argos. For about 4 months. Xmas temp. You clearly missed the bit where I said "used to". Like you missed the bit in the catalogue about "see page *** for details of home delivery", and the very fact that your product WAS home delivery!

Can you not read what I written....
Yes, I can. But can you read what other people have written? Oh wait, we've established that one already . . .

and if thats the case, why did they have the item I wanted in the store, set up for everyone to see....this was an Argos superstore, it was a big building.
Maybe to point out a special offer, instead of just having a big picture of it! If they had a garden shed in the showroom, would you expect them to stock their vast array of sheds in the warehouse out back? It might be a big building, but their catalogue has over 15,000 lines in it. They have to draw the line somewhere.

So what your saying is your catalogue T&C's are totally misleading, dont say they are not
How are they misleading, in what way?

..........an item is edvertised for £70.....but to have that item in your home it will cost you £75........your an idiot for believing that is not misleading
No, I'd be an idiot if I didnt READ the actual description of the product before I went to the till - this is something I have ample time to do, at home, before I visit the store, so I know what I'm buying and how much it is going to cost me. They even have laminated catalogues in store, so I can browse there if I want to! :rolleyes:

Think some clown is missing the whole point here. If you was happy working for a company that misleads customers, and who where fined over £17 million for PRICE FIXING, also been fined numerous times for other errors then thats fair enough.

I had ample time myself to browse the instore 'laminated' catalogue but chose to browse online. I entered my postcode and there it was.....2 items in store for pick up......but oh no, they didnt want me to pick it up did they.....they wanted to deliver it to me, for a small fee.........that is MISLEADING. Stick up for your former employer all you want , but browse the net and you will see there are MANY cases of unhappy customers who have purchased from Argos.

To clarify for you again because I dont think it has sunk in yet.....I never moaned to the manager, I never written a letter of complaint, I never shouted my head off in the store....I just paid the misleading fee and went on my way......and i'm the arsehole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back