Selling Cameras 'unfit for purpose'

Sponsored Links
and the memory card is rubbish, I had a new camera its not a cheap camera but they bung in a crap memory card and state ''you may not be able to achieve the full performance of this camera with the included memory card'' it just makes them look mean!! it also came with Alkaline Batteries which are still good.

and the memory card is rubbish, I had a new camera its not a cheap camera but they bung in a rubbish memory card and state ''you may not be able to achieve the full performance of this camera with the included memory card'' it just makes them look mean!! it also came with Alkaline Batteries which are still good.

How would I a novice, tell the difference from the results of a 'rubbish' memory card and a good one? The one that I bought was the cheapest available and as far as I could tell from the 20 or so photographs taken the results were superb.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: its the size of the memory card he's refering to, you'll need a bigger memory card than the one that came with the camera, you'll only get about five large pictures on the card that comes with the camera, but its only really like buying a camera without a film.

My Grandad also had similar issues with his digicamera - he took it back to currys and the staff there sold him 4 high capacity rechargeables and a charger.

I have a Casio Exilim, an older one. Its tiny and produces great photos. It claims 360 photo battery life. :eek: It has a "custom" li-ion battery though, so better than AAs.

I've found that bog standard batteries do not last very long in a digital camera.You are better off getting some rechargable Ni-Mh batteries.
Funny...I've always found that rechargeables (even 2500mAh ones) last less than alkaline ones in all cameras I've had - because unless you shoot a lot of pictures in one go, the rechargeable ones lose their charge whilst the alkaline ones don't do so as quickly!

bolo said:
If what Samsung says is true, are the sellers Currys, in breach of the Sale of Goods Act? What do you think?
Yes. The merchandise sold does not match its description.

:LOL: its the size of the memory card he's refering to, you'll need a bigger memory card than the one that came with the camera, you'll only get about five large pictures on the card that comes with the camera, but its only really like buying a camera without a film.
The Samsung S830 is sold without a memory card.

Richardp said:
but its only really like buying a camera without a film.
There's a subtle difference - films are disposable and have use-by dates, whereas a memory card is an essential component of the camera that happens to be removable.

It's more akin to buying an SLR body without a lens.

Richardp said:
There's a subtle difference - films are disposable and have use-by dates, whereas a memory card is an essential component of the camera that happens to be removable.

no its not.

Richardp said:

no its not.

I agree. All cameras, digital, 35mm, plate and even polaroid require something on which the image can be recorded. Most non-digital cameras, especially in the more expensive ranges, come without a film in the presentation box although many dealers will of course throw in one as a freebee. To the best of my knowledge the only cameras on the market which are guaranteed to be ready to shoot at the off, are disposable ones.

A camera without a lens is a camera body and nothing more and even with an SD card or a film nothing changes. It still cant take photographs.

Pip's previous post :D

I hope as time goes by that there is an easy way to access the valuable contributions that you make mate!

Click on the link(s). Do they work for you?

Do you know how to use 'Favourites' in IE (Internet Explorer)?

<View> <Explorer bar> <favourites> select Favourites or use keys Ctrl+Shift+i (they toggle the bar on or off)

The trick for a newby, when at an interesting web site, add it to your favourites... click <Favourites> up comes a box.
Name it whatever you like... (The actual link or web address remains intact) You can also add a meaningfully named folder... ok that and see it appear in the sidebar, with the 'link' stored inside.

Right click on a 'name' in the sidebar see the little box open this is a 'context or shortcut menu' can rename or create folder from here.
If you do these things useful web sites become a couple of clicks away...

'Tis nice to build a real useful set of favourites clearly labeled and stored neatly in folders...

:rolleyes:

That must be the best bit of advice I've had so far Empip. The amount of time I spend typing in addresses depresses me. Tried DIYnot and then your Free on line Dictionary. One further Q. How do you manage to get, for example, the blue Dictionary address into your posting? .

Sponsored Links
Back