Ariston Eurocombi Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I recently installed a new bath so had to drain the system down to enable me to work on the pipework. Since then I have been having issues with my system.

Firstly the central heating worked fine and would act accordingly when asked to do so by the thermostat. However when you used hot water the ch would sometime come on and stay on too.

I have been getting over this by just turning the boiler on and off when hot water was required.

However a new issue has arisen as the heating now does not come on when requested to do so by the thermostat. I get nothing, the ch only comes on when i use hot water and stays on for 5-10 mins after.

I can see the diverter valve rod activating the microswitch so i don't believe it's an issue with the diaphragm as i previously thought causing the first issue but with no response from the thermostat i am confused.

I believe the diverter valve is the cause of the issues as part of it could get stuck in a wrong position i suppose.

Could a clean fix this or is a whole new part recommended if this is indeed the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back