Ariston MicroCombi Expansion Vessel Pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Following suggestions in a previous thread I have tried to solve my pressure loss problem by recharging the exp. vessel.

My symptoms were: since I drained the system to swap a rad I have been loosing pressure, dropping below .75 Bar which is the cut off for the boiler. Initially it was about every 2 weeks, then every week, now daily.
I haven't seen any water coming out of the PRV, but that is not to say it doesn't, since it usually drops overnight (I guess because that is when the heating it on for longest). When the heating comes on the pressure jumps from around 1/1.5 to 2 instantly and then creeps up slowly.

I got a hand pump, but it was doing nothing, I was unable to increase the pressure with it. I assumed it was the pump not being powerful enough and used my electric compressor (which has a pressure gauge). It initially made it jump up about .5 bar on the boiler gauge, but on the pump gauge it was showing about 3 bar.

Does anyone know what pressure it should be showing on the air gauge? I thought that really it should be the same as the boiler pressure so that they were balanced and when the water expanded it wasn't trying to compress already compressed air?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Cheers! Can this be done when the water in the system is warm, eg. heating had been on this morning?

J

Sponsored Links
it wouldn't make any difference as you are draining the boiler to release system pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back