Ariston microgenus 23 MFFI PCB eprom config

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen a knowledgable poster on here (Agile) who i'm hoping might shed some light. We've replaced the PCB on the boiler as we had no HW, that returned the HW and CH runs. However the on / off switch, reset and comfort switch don't do anything - the boiler is on even when switched to off. So trying to trouble shoot by checking it has the right eprom and then the settings for that eprom are correct on the pcb. Attached are two pictures one of a table of settings. The other the settings on our PCB. Currently they are toggle as below
  1. B
  2. B
  3. B
  4. B
  5. A
  6. A
But I can't understand if that is correct. The eprom inserted is for the microgenus rather than microgenus 2 (UK) all other eproms were different kW rating.

Attachments

• Ariston_Microgenus_23_MFFI_PCB_problem.jpeg
    Ariston_Microgenus_23_MFFI_PCB_problem.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6537.JPG
    IMG_6537.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
Hi,

Full disclosure, I am only a DIY'er with some IT and electronics background - so feel free to ignore :)

But given the information at hand, this is my logic!

You have a Microgenus 23 MFFI.
Out of the EEPROM choices:
Screenshot_20211124-003151_Chrome.jpg
Only EEPROM A matches.

As for the dip switches, the shadows suggest they are set to:

1. B
2. B
3. B
4. B
5. A
6. B

As your model is the MFFI, that refers to the first column of the table:
Screenshot_20211124-003829_Chrome.jpg
Where X marks the position the dip switch should be in, where your model does not have that specific function fitted.
So my guesses are:

1. Select MI/FFI mode (no choice). B
2. Late ignition (currently set to 2 minutes). B?
3. Temperature range (currently set to 42 - 82C). B
4. Boiler presence (no choice). A
5. Post ventilation (currently set to none). A?
6. Tank equipped (no choice). B

So, I believe the only switch you need to change is 4, to A!

Edit: ...and the settings of 2 and 5 should probably be confirmed with your gas fitter!

Whether this actually gets the switches working is another matter!
I hope that makes sense :)

Last edited:
It does thank you, agree that it might not change the switch. Could be something more pedestrian like the spindles in the switch not engaging the switches on the board so will double check that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back