Articles, books, literature...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am an apprentice spark.

What books can people reccomend to get me through college, and help me on site. Besides the OSG of course, which I found in my other thread.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
BS7671 and its associated guidence notes would be a good start (in addition the OSG you have already ordered ;) ) I belive that Brian Scadden has written a few books on electrical installation practice na theory. There is also the paul cook commmentry on the the regs which I believe goes into the physics and reasoning behind them (I have not yet aquired this book myself*)

Also see the DIYnot Wiki Electrical section at : //wiki.diynot.com/electrics its rather devoid of content atm, but rest assured that myself and spark123 are working on changing that

*I have however at long last purchased a copy of BS7671, bloody light for the price :cry:

Sponsored Links
hi

there's loads of different books out there. look on amazon for the series of books by brian scaddan. they are generally good.

obviously bs7671 is 'the bible' but its a bit uninteresting i know!

anthony hinsley also does a good testing book and the niceic do a few decent ones.

best policy is to have a search around amazon and different websites and pick ones that seem relevent to you.

would also say read any that you can get your hands on because they'l all offer something to you, however small it may be.

Yeah, his g/f tells me he's very good with his fingers.... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back