as the boiler overheated or is it got a safety cut out

• Thread starter benny123vanman
  • Start date
B

benny123vanman

just bought a house with a ideal isar 35 boiler fitted. all the water supply and electrics in the home were switched off when the house was on the for sale market. anyway when we moved in my wife switched the boiler on to heat the water and rads and noticed it didnt work. but it made a screeching noise and flashed on the front a letter code. when i got back from work she told me what had happened . i said you shouldnt have tried to turn on the combi because the estate agent had got the plumbers to drain it of all the water and turned it off whilst the house was on the market. anyway it will not work at all the bar pressure is ok but will not hot up rads or water. as the wife made it overheat due to the combi been empty or as it got a safety cut out any info please regards benny ps.... is there a switch inside to trip the combi cut out safety switch

Sponsored Links
If the bar pressure of the system is ok then it hasn't been drained. Had it been drained the pressure would have been at zero and the boiler wouldn't have fired up at all. No noise , no screeching, just a code. My advice would be to get a good plumber/heating engineer to have a look at it .

there isn't a trip switch in these tubs of ****e, there is however a sensor in the flue on some models
post a specific code and we will try to help

H codes are usually overheat except H5 which usually indicates the wrong jumpers are fitted to the pcb

LF is the most common code and covers a lot of faults including blocked condense trap/pipes

if pressure is 1 to 2 bar then the system is unlikely to have been drained but check the valves underneath haven't been turned off they are easily understood as they are slotted
be careful though as they are brittle as **** and shear at the very sight of a spanner

by the way you have brought a heap of ****e and don't expect any help from Ideal they couldn't care less about anything!!

and don't post the same question TWICE!!

I think the OP is saying that the boiler is now pressurised, it wasn't when wifey tried to use it, would this make a difference to diagnosis of the problem?

Sponsored Links
no the combi was completly drained the house was a repossesion the combi got turned on empty by the wife it as been refilled and bar loop pressured but it displays fault code f h or a few crossed bars

yeah me great grandad swore by vulcan back boilers which took 3 men to throw in a skip

HF probably detection lead melted to the heat exchanger,hes been told this before as he posted the exact same question in another thread.

hey thanks for that if i ever need a another plumber i sharnt look in the yellow pages : :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ill go to my local bookies. :LOL: :LOL:

HEY STEVE I DIDNT GO TO SCHOOL AS A NIPPER .AND DO ME SUMS AND ENGLISH . HOWEVER I PASSED ME BRONZE AT SWIMMING :LOL: DID YOU MEAN QUEERS ENGLISH? YOU DID . WELL WELL I ALWAYS KNEW THAT CORGI PLUMBERS MINCED AROUND IN OTHER PEOPLES HOMES ACTING LIKE GOD. AND FITTING PARTS WHAT DONT NEED REPLACING :LOL:

HAS! not AS!

"Has" has a H on the beginning of it.

Blast this abuse of the Queen's English.
DER SIR OR MADUM IM WANTIN TUW APPLY FOR A CORGI REDGEESTRATION CERTIFEECUT IM A PLUMBER BUT I KANOT SPELL BUT I CAN FIT BOILERS FANK YOU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back