Asbestos Cement Soffit Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am selling my house - the surveyor has identified that I have AC soffit boards and that they should be replaced by a licenced contractor.

I see no need to change them.

Sponsored Links
no need to change then at all. They are safe and present no problem all the time they are not damaged.

In what context?

"Soffit boards and that should be replaced" or "Soffit boards and that should be replaced by a licenced contractor"?

These are two different meanings.

Ask him his professional opinion as to why they should be replaced ie 'what is wrong with them?'. And why can't they stay in-situ?

Sounds like he may be coving his arse

And who is this surveyor working for? Not you if you are selling. If he has been engaged by the buyer, then they will use this to get you to reduce the selling price.

how many millions of houses have got AC soffits :rolleyes: S-C-A-M :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The buyer can change them as soon as they own the house.

Tell them now (before they start taking the pi$$) that you aren't interested in their report and that you'll instruct the agent to put the house back on the market.

If you back down it will be the electrics next - then the heating.

It's the latest thing in buying - say yes and then find a thousand ways to get the price down.

house buyers reports have spawned several industries based on fear

wall ties

damp

rot and woodworm

asbestos

Most are an infrequent problem on houses, old or young, yet how full is the yellow pages of their adverts?

Actually I recently bought the soffit boards for the roof I am building and they looked suspiciously like they were made of asbestos. But I take it that they would not do that nowadays........would they?

Thermo said:
house buyers reports have spawned several industries based on fear

wall ties

damp

rot and woodworm

asbestos

Most are an infrequent problem on houses, old or young, yet how full is the yellow pages of their adverts?

hear hear, Thermo.

frediaz said:
Actually I recently bought the soffit boards for the roof I am building and they looked suspiciously like they were made of asbestos. But I take it that they would not do that nowadays........would they?

not in this country. depends who you bought them off i suppose. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back