Asbestos fascia

gtg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We had some work done by a roofer last year. One of the things he did was to trim down our fascia boards as they obstructed our upstairs windows from opening.

The work was done with a circular saw which created a lot of dust. The windows were closed but could still smell the dust in the house.

The house was built mid 70s so I’m now worried the fascia may have been asbestos. I’ve attached some pics below, does anybody know if this looks like asbestos?

As far as I can tell the soffits are pvc and there is a wood trim between the soffits and fascia which you can see in the pics.

Thanks!
6BDDA62E-11B5-4E73-9835-F264F911FC0F.jpeg
D7740D86-A202-4181-9A5E-BD6BCC23F9FB.jpeg
178C6520-B644-483E-B092-2505FC3AF207.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Cheers both of you for the replies. What do you reckon that fascia material could be? It looks a bit like cement board to me but I didn’t realise that was used for fascias.

The soffits are pvc so looks like something has been done at some point, but I’m not sure what

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry I will see if I can get some better ones tomorrow. This is the only other one I have. It’s the material with the arrow pointing at it that I’m wondering about

Attachments

• 1C1191D3-9B27-4918-B745-2597D65C3E58.jpeg
    1C1191D3-9B27-4918-B745-2597D65C3E58.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 66
And a bit further back!

But generally fascias tended not to be from asbestos material - unless you have some sort of no-standard house. It was mainly soffits.

Thanks Woody, really appreciate you taking the time to look at it

The soffits are pvc so looks like something has been done at some point, but I’m not sure what
There is more likelihood that the material beneath the plastic clad soffit is going to be asbestos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back