ASBESTOS REMOVAL COST:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage approx. 16ft x 8ft with an asbestos roof that I wish to replace. Approx. how much would a builder pay to dispose of the asbestos? (I ask because my Council offers free asbestos removal to householders so I might possibly save on the cost of the job).

Regards.

PS Am I thick?? - I look for a similar thread expecting the opportunity there to post a new thread so that it's in the right forum. But there isn't that option?? I've posted threads before but I forget the procedure and always have this problem. My apologies if this thread is in the wrong forum.

PPS My apologies again, I've found the procedure and posted this thread in Building. How do I/ can I delete the original thread?

Sponsored Links
I have a garage approx. 16ft x 8ft with an asbestos roof that I wish to replace. Approx. how much would a builder pay to dispose of the asbestos? (I ask because my Council offers free asbestos removal to householders so I might possibly save on the cost of the job).

Regards.

PS Am I thick?? - I look for a similar thread expecting the opportunity there to post a new thread so that it's in the right forum. But there isn't that option?? I've posted threads before but I forget the procedure and always have this problem. My apologies if this thread is in the wrong forum.

PPS My apologies again, I've found the procedure and posted this thread in Building. How do I/ can I delete the original thread?
Ask moderator to remove (report option bottom left)

Thanks for your reply.
Yep, free is a good price! It's just that I thought builders paid a hefty sum if they have to take it off site and arrange disposal - I wondered how much that might be.

Sponsored Links
Some councils have a limit on how much you can take in one go, you can always remove it yourself, safely... that's double free!

I was charged £120 for disposal about 4 years ago. Having worked with asbestos in the past I was happy to remove it myself, double bag it and seal it ready for collection. Council tip had a right rigmarole to dispose of it free.

Ring up to confirm there is room. Ring on arrival but stay clear of locked disposal point. Employee comes and unlocks it then retires to site office. I open up disposal point, add my stuff, ring emplyee to come and secure disposal point. Clear site.

Problem is that although my stuff was sealed properly, how do I know others have done the same? So it was easier and safer for me to pay a licensed asbestos removal firm to collect and give me the requisite waste transfer notes.

Yes, there is a limit of 15 sq. m. so I think I fall within that. The asbestos has to be double wrapped and is collected and taken away free of charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back