Astra Wipers fusing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Astra 1997/8.
Wipers have fused, installed a new fuse that blew straight away.
So it's an electrical fault, where should I start looking, what are the most common causes of this?

Sponsored Links
The wipers are not stuck are they?try giving them a hand 'bump' at the same time as someone else switches them on, this can be the case if the vehicle hasn't been used for a while.

No it's defo a short problem.
I have disconnected the switch and it's shorting out when the ignition is turned, a little investigation is needed. I okay at with house electrics but I have a phobia when comes to cars, I hate them!

Sponsored Links
Seized/jammed motor = dead short. Wiring could be shorted, of course, but with motors always check they can move first. Note that even if you think that you've disconnected the power from it by removing the switch, it could be stalled trying to park itself.

Ben.

I would be surprised if it was seized as it was working the previous day.
But I will take a look at the weekend.
I cycle to work so not a problem at the moment, but have some weekend work on that means I need transport!

Turned out to be the motor on the rear wipers that was knackered and shorting the fuse.
Which was going to cost £117 to replace. So the rear has been disconnected for a while!

Back