ATAG Boiler Query

I guess the point I was trying to make that, even if Atag boilers are "better" than what you call "lesser makes", the lack of available service and support has made my experience of owning one pretty negative.

In our previous house, we had a new boiler of a different make (I forget which). When we had a problem with it, we called the boiler manufacturer and they sent someone out to have a look at it. In contrast, when we had problems with our Atag boiler, that didn't seem to be an option. The emails I sent to Atag UK went unanswered and when I phoned them, the best they could do was read out names from a list of heating engineers who had attended their training course. It didn't feel like great support from what's supposedly a premium boiler brand.

Sponsored Links
Atag same as Evinox (Geminox).

Over complicated as far as end-user concerned, about as reliable as a Keston and spares/back up/cost unacceptable.

We do not expect our clients to have a degree in Mechanical-Electrical Engineering, they just want to be kept warm simplistically.

All talk about weather compensation, curve setting on the parameters has no priority over keeping warm as this is a personal trait,.

My clients do not want to be informed by a machine that they are satisfied?

Just my rant after a day dealing with a client who was sold a Geminox without the installer doing his homework insofar as the rest of the system was inadequate, his boiler is fine, it's the system that's wrong, how do they get away with it?

Regards

Vic G

Over complicated as far as end-user concerned, about as reliable as a Keston and spares/back up/cost unacceptable.

Sorry, I don't usually rise to answer to newbie troll posters, but you can't dare compare Atag as an equal to Keston. Absolute rubbish and you have some axe to grind. Any of the installers here who have switched to Atag will tell you they are far and away the best on the market for ease of use and build quality.

Touchy Touchy.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about, if you read my thread, did not blame boiler insomuch as the installers (Geminox) did not do their homework.

They are over complicated boilers, the more there is the more to go wrong?

As for "new boy" be careful.

Regards

Vic G

Sponsored Links
lets be honest, claiming the atag is "about as reliable as a Keston " is fairly damning... it like telling someone your mother slept with a goat and your is father :LOL:

Over complicated as far as end-user concerned, about as reliable as a Keston
.....................................................................................................................................................his boiler is fine, it's the system that's wrong

I don't get this, the boilers fine but unreliable?

cock of the highest order. atag are some of the highest quality boilers ive seen for the domestic market, i'll bet my dog that youve probably never even seen one.

The Atag is no more complicated then any other boiler, if you so desire you can use any control system with them, you do not have to use the Atag controls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back