Atag boiler short cycling

Read back, I told you what type of pump to get. The old Grundfos are no longer available (50 made redundant, so clearly I won't recommend that make)
I see the bit about 6m head. Are you saying not to get a grundfos one or just not the 50 model? I saw this one on screwfix, only looking at screwfix in particular as I can possibly get it done tomorrow and report back.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/grundfos-ups3-15-50-65-domestic-heating-circulator-230v/503fh
It's labelled as 6.5m head and 15-50/65 so does that look appropriate? Or any specific models you'd recommend?
Main reason I was hoping for a grundfos replacement is that it should apparently be the same size so won't be a problem fitting into existing pipework.

Sponsored Links
Also if that one is appropriate, should I use any of the fancy speed settings or just stick to the constant speed settings?

All 130 pumps are the same size and will fit, that is what the 130 means 130mm between ports, I only fit Grundfoss, but there are other makes

I see the bit about 6m head. Are you saying not to get a grundfos one or just not the 50 model?
The 50 I referred to are the 50 employees made redundant because Grundfos moved production to France, Slovakia, and the like...50 families who have lost their main source of income. 50 families who are now, instead of paying taxes into the treasury, taking benefits out of the treasury.
That's why I won't recommend Grundfos.

Sponsored Links
The 50 I referred to are the 50 employees made redundant because Grundfos moved production to France, Slovakia, and the like...50 families who have lost their main source of income. 50 families who are now, instead of paying taxes into the treasury, taking benefits out of the treasury.
That's why I won't recommend Grundfos.
So which manu would you recommend then ?

So which manu would you recommend then ?
That old chestnut....don't argue the message, shoot the messenger. I won't recommend any pump that's not made in the UK, and that includes 'Brit-Pumps' (that are NOT).

Note: I will not respond to questions about the origin of my undies, etcetera.

just asked you what you would recommend , nothing sisnister , I prefer Grundfoss to others , why do you prefer others ? hardly a hard question ?

Very likely the unintended, but expected, effect of Brexit.

An easy bandwagon to jump onto Mr H, more likely though the intended effect of some scrote/executive trying to make a name for him/herself and completely discounting the potential for retalliation from the British consumer 'because they don't care where their stuff comes from, and they're too thick to make the connection between where they spend their money and where jobs (for their neighbours) come from'.

Grunfos built a whole new factory in France, probably with EU grants, specifically to make the new ErP pumps, several years before Brexit. Therefore 50 to 100 votes added to the leave vote in the north east.

Grunfos built a whole new factory in France, probably with EU grants, specifically to make the new ErP pumps, several years before Brexit. Therefore 50 to 100 votes added to the leave vote in the north east.

That was done to a number of companies, my dad's company moved their only profit making division in Basildon (their Swedish and US branches were losing money) to Slovakia because of EU grants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back