ats path fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just opened to panel to put the panel into learn ricochet mode, by inserting the jumper.

I now have 'ats path fault' showing in Wintex and when I try to set the alarm the 'ats path fault' is preventing the arming.

A search of the manuals does not find 'ats path fault'.

2a8rlmu.jpg

Please can someone help?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just spoke to Texecom support and they confirm its a problem with the GSM unit. Most likely a mobile phone signal problem.

Yes, there is a Com-GSM unit attached

zn8zgj.jpg

I can send status message to the panel via SMS and receive the response, so I cant understand what the problem is.

Sponsored Links
looks like the strength is more than adequate so be surprised if that is where it is coming from.

If you wish you can send me a copy of the wintex including the log for this panel and I will have a quick look.

it could be how the module is configured for sending messages and the what it thinks its looking for on the com ports.

looks like the strength is more than adequate so be surprised if that is where it is coming from.

If you wish you can send me a copy of the wintex including the log for this panel and I will have a quick look.

it could be how the module is configured for sending messages and the what it thinks its looking for on the com ports.

Thanks SecureIam.

The problem seems to be the GSM module doesn't log on to the GSM quick enough during the booting of the panel - so it throws an error.

Once I clear the error there are no further problems.

I must stress this is only my interpretation of what has been happening.

as long as its working thats the main thing (booting the panel?)

difficult to say without seeing the programming if there any other issues, you can set a delay for the ats in system timers.

[quote="rustyraider";p="3390063
The problem seems to be the GSM module doesn't log on to the GSM quick enough during the booting of the panel - so it throws an error.[/quote]

GSM units are designed to be connected 24/7, not when they may be needed.

Read the manual there will be no mention of it being switched on/off.

It could take 5min to connect, but when done, will normally stay connected.

Not sure what the OP means by booting the panel and why its being booted.

May be that would shed light on the issue, certainly cant agree more on that the gsm module is on when its plugged in and initialised.

I can never get my head around why posters don't hang around a little longer, further information usually turns up.

'Booting the panel' - powering OFF/ON

Why, is anyone's guess, doesn't make any sense in this instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back