Attaching christmass lights to the roof/ridge tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should have had the roofer cement in some hooks while he was up there, but whats the best way of securing a string of led lights to the ridge tiles? Not really roofing but festive and roof related.

Either that or just below them, at the bottom of the first row of tiles i guess.

First thought was sticking a suitable bracket (nylon cable tie base?) on with pinkgrip/nomorenails or some other adhesive. Goop it over the base. Semi-permanent and no risk of damaging the roof even if they come loose. Assuming i dont put my foot through it on the way up!

Daniel

Sponsored Links
You can get self-adhesive cable tie bases. (I use them on the inside of uPVC window frames. They stay there from one year to the next and only one has ever fallen off. :cool: :cool: :cool: ) For a roof I would get big ones - and clean the tiles thoroughly before you try to stick them on.

Fixing these to a ridge is silly and dangerous for the reindeer hooves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back