ATTENTION OF MODERATER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Typed out a long reply and to my dismay was deleted when I added a smiley.
Can you look into this please as IT HAS HAPPENED A FEW TIMES NOW
Thank you :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
comment noted, I have just been trying to recreate this and have not been able :cry:

I must ask to add smiley are you clicking on the smiley or as i sometimes do manually typing it? such as :D can be done by typing : D

paste and save :LOL:

http://www.dzsoft.com/paste.htm

to amend post please press your
icon_edit.gif
button

I always click on the smiley as I don't know how you do it manually.
Perhaps you could advise in the forum information ;)
I have read other people have had this problem in the past :evil:

Sponsored Links
anyone else have / had similar problem?

if so was it a long post? short post? only happen with smiley?

any more? it seems to only happen with 2 posters, i (as yet) can not make it happen :!: (added smiley to test)

Have Zone Alarm Pro privacy allowing only Javascript ...(no flashing, jiggling stuff), No pop-ups and associated rubbish (horrible word that), session cookies only set to expire after 1 day ....
just works fine !!
:D :( :eek: :LOL: :cool: :confused: :eek: :mad: :p :oops: :cry: ;) :rolleyes: :evil: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

P

Smilies give me problems frequently. I use a Mac and os 9.1. If I put a smily in, an alert comes up saying "You must enter a message before posting". I type the smilies directly but then they are not represented as graphics. That's why my posts don't have many smilies. (That and I'm a miserable git.) :D (bug*er, it worked)

DONE IT AGAIN :evil:
Typed post and added happy smiley and it wiped all except the smiley.
Also typed top bit added evil smiley and it wiped it.
Do I need to change my computer settings or is it a forum problem :rolleyes:

On the positive side, you will gain a reputation as a happy chappy if you just post smileys all the time ;)

Hi BAHCO,

What operating system / browser are you using?

Hi
I'm using windows Millenium, computer is a 350mhz pentium 2 :)
Happy smiley just worked by the way.

Hi Bahco,

I've done quite a bit of searching but I can't replicate or find a solution to the problem, I'll keep looking and let you know if I find something.

Let me know if you notice any sort of pattern as to when this happens and I'll see what I can do.

Had no problems lately but will keep you informed :D

Incidentally why do you move topics to their correct forum but still leave them in the original forum too :confused:
Would it not be better to leave in original forum for 2 days after posting and then delete ;)

Up until a month or so ago we used to move posts and there would be no sign of them in their original category where the use incorrectly posted them.

We decided to trial this way for 2 reasons. Firstly and most importantly, a huge number of people were posting in the wrong forums, moving them and leaving the little 'moved' note was hoped to get the message across that you should post in the correct place. The second reason is for a novice who doesn't have much of a clue if their post was moved they would know where it is moved to, this alleviates that problem. It does look messy though, removing the 'moved to' link after a couple of days would be ideal and is something we are working towards.

:)

Sponsored Links
Back