Attic tank emptied...no water flowing in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just noticed this morning that my tank in the attic was empty. Ball cock working ok, cold water to kitchen sink ok.

I've disconnected the pipe going into the tank in attic and disconnected it at the next fitting 6 foot down pipe and its clear....water flowing through it.

So I disconnected the black polypie under the sink and disconnected at the fitting in the attic and blew compressed air through and its not coming through.

I can only imagine that in some section of the pipe its got frozen water. This pipe though is inside the house if I was led to believe so I'm wondering why I've got a frozen section.

Next door neighbour checked his and its ok.

I don't see the point in trying to clear it with rods if I could, cos the water would just freeze again. Do I just sit it out and wait for the thaw?

I'm lucky at one level I still have water in my kitchen tap

Sponsored Links
As the nearest clear section is only 6ft away can you not just remove the blocked section and take it downstairs and run some hot water through it.

Failing that just bypass the blocked section

Rico

Sponsored Links
I've checked the polypipe cold feed section in the attic with a clothes hanger and its not blocked...my guess is its frozen somewhere at the top of the wall or around the eaves which is a beatch to get at...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back