Audi Drivers

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My point Re: this thread and pcp was not the merits or otherwise of finance, but the status symbol of the car.

Basically, the "he's doing well for himself" r sole is attempting to be superior, when all he's really doing is scraping together £300 per month. Big feckin' wow.

My point Re: this thread and pcp was not the merits or otherwise of finance, but the status symbol of the car.

Basically, the "he's doing well for himself" r sole is attempting to be superior, when all he's really doing is scraping together £300 per month. Big feckin' wow.

lol not at all, I responded to a sensible post and which was then picked up by Sammy for a life tutorial. Putting out the options for someone asking a question does not need to result in a friggin sermon about good and bad choices. I have no issue with choices made with eyes wide open. If people are being lied to about PCP etc then that's a different matter entirely.

Scraping together £300? lol shows where you're coming from. The good old British hatred of people who have worked hard to be able to enjoy themselves a little. Do you key expensive cars?

lol not at all, I responded to a sensible post and which was then picked up by Sammy for a life tutorial. Putting out the options for someone asking a question does not need to result in a friggin sermon about good and bad choices. I have no issue with choices made with eyes wide open. If people are being lied to about PCP etc then that's a different matter entirely.

You need to be clear. Are you talking about buying a car or taking out PCP finance to perpetually change your car? The two are not the same.

Ive never had a car on finance. Ive always put an amount each month into a savings account and used it to buy a car.

I dont know if it costs any less, finance deals for cars can be really cheap.

What's the most you spent on a car then?

If you want a new car you can go find the best price online and then call around your local dealers and one might equal or beat it and then you take out the PCP finance for an extra discount and quickly pay that off. Double Discounts. :mrgreen:

Porsche Macan - holds its value. :mrgreen:

Or you can get great lease deals.

I know there is a convoluted way to get one of these Tesla p100d cheaper if it still exists. (y)

You need to be clear. Are you talking about buying a car or taking out PCP finance to perpetually change your car? The two are not the same.

The two are not mutually exclusive you know? You can purchase at the end of the PCP, it will cost you more so you can kiss your discount goodbye. You do get a very healthy discount when you get a new car don't you? Oh wait. On the daily I have the discount was big enough that if the balloon was paid at the end of the term it will have cost just over a grand less than list factoring in interest.

As I said at the start the most cost effective way of purchasing a car is to negotiate the best deal you can, then take the finance from the dealer to get the manufacturer deposit contribution then pay it off on delivery. Assuming of course you want to own it.

The two are not mutually exclusive you know? You can purchase at the end of the PCP, it will cost you more so you can kiss your discount goodbye. You do get a very healthy discount when you get a new car don't you? Oh wait. On the daily I have the discount was big enough that if the balloon was paid at the end of the term it will have cost just over a grand less than list factoring in interest.

As I said at the start the most cost effective way of purchasing a car is to negotiate the best deal you can, then take the finance from the dealer to get the manufacturer deposit contribution then pay it off on delivery. Assuming of course you want to own it.

Yep and also pick the right car. If you factor in depreciation etc and look after it then it can work out not that expensive.

I admit when you have a nice car, the car ends up owning you.

I did love the freedom I had when I used to drive a banger in my youth, would I care if someone dinged it or I kerbed it - not a jot. :mrgreen:

The two are not mutually exclusive you know? You can purchase at the end of the PCP, it will cost you more so you can kiss your discount goodbye.

Ah right so what you're actually talking about is in effect leasing, not buying a car at all and inevitably giving it back.

You've never bought a new car have you?

That's where you lost me. What you should have asked is if I'd ever leased a car to which the answer would be no I haven't.

Scraping together £300? lol shows where you're coming from. The good old British hatred of people who have worked hard to be able to enjoy themselves a little. Do you key expensive cars?

Very touchy (y) Have I hit a nerve?

Read my post again.

Key cars? Are you pizzed?

If someone wants to spend £300 a month, £500, or a grand to drive around in a car, that's their call, but my point was that most are not anything like as well off as we're traditionally conditioned to believe....

What were your first thoughts, when that sheet metal worker was announced as winning last week's £70M Euro millions?
Mine was "fair play".

What were your first thoughts, when that sheet metal worker was announced as winning last week's £70M Euro millions?
Mine was "fair play".

I wondered if he would lend me £20,000 to pay off the PCP on my beemer ;):LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back