Audio Delay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone shed any light on this???

I have a Humax freesat box linked via HDMI to a Sony Bravia TV. When watching the FA Cup game earlier today (Reading v Liverpool) the audio delay was non existent when watching ITV but when I swapped to ITV HD the audio delay was about 4/5 seconds!! The freesat audio is not passing through a separate amp. I looked at the settings for the Humax and the lipsync function is not available, although I believe this will simply delay the audio further.

Is this a broadcast issue??

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'm not quite sure how it would have happened, but 4-5 seconds delay sounds far too long to be a minor sync issue. More likely is that the picture was coming in via the HDMI connection from the Humax STB, and the audio via scart or the RF tuner in the TV. It's the only thing I can think of to explain such a long delay.

Seems to be an ITV HD broadcast problem, as there are lots of moans out there - Especially when they are broadcasting football apparently!

One of the posts Here mentions the sync being seconds out, the same as yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back