TV will not detect HDMI inputs

"... when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I followed these instructions for my model and found that “Label Video Inputs” option was not showing in my menu.

http://science.opposingviews.com/enable-hdmi-inputs-sony-bravia-kdl-14811.html[/QUOTE]

kind of suggests your TV cannot recognise the HDMI ports.

As HDMI is not showing in the input list menu (TV,AV1,AV2 etc etc) it looks like they need enabling but obviously I can't because the option isn't in the menu.

you probably can't enable them as your TV doesn't think it has any, probably because the HDMI processor is bust.

I have been trying again and I just cannot find anything on the screen showing the HDMI inputs. The only inputs are TV, AV1-6 and PC. There should also be HDMI options. It's so frustrating when I have a HD TV that I can't use for HD :cry:

Anyway, would this be worth a gamble to get it working and is it easy to fit if I am careful ?

https://flattvparts.co.uk/sony-kdl-...-003-e?zenid=c05b915fe80569b4132fe35ee62d31cd

Check which input you are using on the menu screen, you can change between several options.

Or the HDMI in puts are not turned on ?

Arrrgh... please... no... HDMI ports aren't cognisant.. if your TV doesn't see them then the HDMI controller is broken, save your money... buy a new TV and welcome to the throw away society... your current TV is worth...... nothing!

It may have been an HD capable TV, now it's recycling.

Anyway, would this be worth a gamble to get it working and is it easy to fit if I am careful ?
Ha ha. It states: "This is covered by our 90 day defective warranty." I wouldn't trust a defective warranty. ;)

But the friend who had it before me never used the HDMI as he connected via SCART. Why would they be broken ? it doesn't make sense. How can you break HDMI inputs that have never been used ? It's a good tv even without the HDMI working. Surely (if indeed the HDMI board is broken, unlikely I think) a £21 replacement part is more economical than the price of a TV for a few hundred :confused:

Many years ago I bought a brand new transistor radio that had never been used. I switched it on and it produced no sound. How could that be when it had never been used?

My best guess is "faulty manufacture" or "damage in transit".

Do, please, let us know if your £21 gamble (plus your time and trouble) proves to be worthwhile. I'm all in favour of repair when possible. However, nobody can predict whether it will be successful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back