TV will not detect HDMI inputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the life of me I cannot get my Sony KDL-32U3000 hd tv to detect signals from my DVD surround system and my Humax 2000T.

When I select a HD channel from the Humax I get the message "the programme cannot be viewed via HDMI connection because your tv does not support digital content protection(HDCP). Disconnect the HDMI cable and connect the Scart or composite video connector to watch the programme in standard resolution.

I go into the tv menu and select " device list update" and it alys says "no devices detected" the only way I can get a picture is to resort to the SCART connection. i am at a loss

Sponsored Links
Sorry but I have no idea about doing a factory reset. The other thing I find strange is the screen has never said HD ready all the time I have used it yet this model is def a HD looking online.

Sponsored Links
Why not simply get the manual? (I won't ask how you managed to lose it.)

You are assuming I lost it when in fact the TV was given to us by a friend with no manual.

BTW - there is nothing in the manual about resetting the tv. I just had a look online.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thank you. Right, I managed to get instructions to get to the service menu and it worked ! I keyed in 08 and it reset the factory settings. Surffice to say the tv still fails to detect a HDMI input from 2 machines :cry:

OK, at least you've eliminated that possibility. Now disconnect everything and connect just the Humax with the shortest HDMI lead money can buy. Try it in each of the HDMI ports in turn.

I have only got 2 cables so used the shortest in each input, unplugged all other connections and no joy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back