Auto wrench, whats that all about then.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.
Just spotted a Black n Decker Auto-wrench, it's like a monkey wrench with a battery and switch on the side. press the switch and it quickly closes on the nut or opens.
I cant figure out who would buy it. it only takes a fraction of a second to manually close a monkey wrench and i always find the thumbwheel is always caked in c4ap as it's been floating around in my tool bag for ages.
Also isnt it going to be like the torch i keep in the glove box, flat battry when i want to use it. aaa i dont know, it seems to me like a waste of materials to make something we just dont need.
I was thinking it may be of use to someone with a disability in there hands but i cant see it as the switch is quite small.
Also whilst im here, what about those power tape measures arnt they just another waste. cor blimey, what a moaner i am. sorry about that.. cheers everyone. regards mark

Sponsored Links
try using a tape measure with only 1 arm, now wouldn't an electric one be easier?

Its for women.

Something that they can buy for their men for xmas.

A gimmick is all :D

yes I saw it on tv the other day. Some of these d£ckheads that come up with these ideas need to get out into the real world. In fact, thinking about it, best leave them in front of their computer screens where they cant actually do any physical damage.

:eek: :D

Sponsored Links
Marky. Whatever you do, don't mention any of these tools in the company of friends or family, or you might just find them under your tree on Christmas Day :eek:

Spotted these at the shed store today. The jaw does open and close however the jaw strength looks extremely weak. A gimmick.

Best one i saw the other day was a handsaw with...........a laser guide on it. WHat a complete load of pants. we laughed our heads off when we saw it.

Hi Everyone,
Cheers Chaps for all the replies. so were agreed the wrench is a gimic ? that hand saw with a lazer is amazing, what nut thought that up.
Hi Breezer, yep reckon the power tape might be good for some people with disabilies. I have a smashed right hand and cant grip with it so use my left for nearly everything and i have to say i wouldent be tempted as i've just got used to it. but i am glad these devices are available as for some people im sure they will be off great benefit. but for able bodied j public it's a gimic me tinks.
Hi iaith,
Ill make sure i dont mention it to the family, wouldent want them under the tree. In bnq earlir they had a fantastic display stand of those wrenches, i saw a woman pick one up play with it and put in her basket, I asked her what she thought of it, she said it looks like a great present for hubby. he he he he he he he he so look out chaps, we know what were all getting this year ha ha h ah ah aha ha aaaaaahhhhhh.
all the best mark

Despite what we all think, if these things sell then they are successful - so the idiots are not so stupid after all

Talking of gimmick tools, a friend of mine had a tape measure that had a built in voice recorder, at first I thought it was hilarious, but it turned out to be really useful. I'm always measuring things and by the time I've picked up my saw I've forgotten the sizes. Obviously If you've got a brain this wont be a problem, but for me , if I knew where to find one I would definitely get one.

Hi Iaith,
That Tape sounds like a great idea, i'de have 1 too. i usually end up measuring 3 times as i always forget or worry i might have got it wrong 1st time. I reckon it's a go-er.
regards mark

ever heard of a pencil and a bit of scarp wood to write the numbers down on? :rolleyes:

Thats the method i use - so consequently all the stud work in my loft looks like Carol Vorderman has been practising for 'the numbers round' while i've been out!!!

Good job the stud work wont be seen when the job is complete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back